About the role:
- Exiting research and development work environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Permanent, full-time, based at Lucas Heights, Sydney
- Required to be an Australian citizen and be eligible to be granted a National Security Clearance
Silex Systems Limited (Silex) is a high-tech company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. Silex’s core expertise is in the development of laser isotope separation (LIS) technology and is the inventor of the unique SILEX laser enrichment process which is being developed as a next-generation technology for the global nuclear fuel industry. A variant of Silex’s LIS technology is also being developed for the production of Zero-Spin Silicon (ZS-Si) which is the key enabling material for silicon-based quantum computer processors. This project is being pursued in collaboration with UNSW Sydney, and its commercial arm Silicon Quantum Computing Pty Ltd, with the support of a grant from the Commonwealth Government’s CRC-P Program. For further information about Silex please visit http://www.silex.com.au/
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a ground-breaking team developing isotope enrichment technologies for use in Silicon Quantum Computing and next-generation nuclear fuel production. Reporting functionally to the Senior Electronics Engineer, this role will provide practical support essential to the completion of key project deliverables.
The Electronics Engineer will be responsible for assisting the Senior Electronics Engineer with design, construction, programming and documentation of electronic control and support systems for the various SILEX laser isotope enrichment projects.
NOTE: This role is subject to the incumbent’s ongoing ability to hold an Australian national security clearance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate in PLC and C-based software development for industrial control, data logging and graphing. Install and wire industrial and laboratory equipment, and assist with the specification and procurement of process control equipment.
- Liaise with Senior Electronics Engineer to develop electronics subsystems, including schematic capture and PC board layout. Perform prototyping and production of surface mount PC boards and oversee the manufacturing of electronic subsystems where required.
- Maintain documentation of existing and new electronics designs and software systems. Manage electronics store and spare parts and maintain a safe and clean environment in the electronics laboratory for all staff.
- Adhere to the Company’s WHS, environmental policies, procedures and legislative requirements to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance and safety of team members.
- Australian citizen, eligible to be granted a National Security Clearance
- Hold an electronics engineering degree with minimum 1-year post-qualification experience or equivalent.
- Ability to program in ANSI-C.
- Familiar with industrial communication protocols (e.g.: Modbus, TCP, Serial)
- Understanding of data logging and graphical data reporting.
- Ability to use schematic capture and PC board layout software.
- Knowledge of PLC Ladder logic programming is desirable.
- Experience with analogue electronics would be advantageous.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and contribute to identifying innovative solutions.
- Flexible and team-oriented person with the ability to multi-task and work autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in both an independent role and collaboratively with others from diverse backgrounds
- Good written and verbal communication skills, proficient in high quality documentation and record-keeping
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Your application MUST include ALL of the following:
- A copy of your CV, including email, preferred telephone contact number, and names of two referees
- A supporting statement systematically addressing the selection criteria listed above, including examples of where your knowledge and experience matches required criteria
Advertised: 10 Sep 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 08 Oct 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience1 Year
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree