Engineer / Senior Engineer – Cloud Services
Sysco Corporation is a multi-cloud organization, and we are currently on the lookout for a competent, self-motivated Engineer/Senior Engineer – Cloud Services (AWS, GCP and Azure) for our global Cloud Services team. As a member of Sysco’s Cloud Services team, you will be managing AWS, GCP and Azure environments, and collaborate, lead changes, automate and inspire teams towards delivery excellence at Sysco.
- Support our multi-cloud infrastructure operations transformation process by implementing tools and processes for the creation of infrastructure, environment provisioning, deployment, and proactive monitoring.
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to design, develop, operate, and maintain secure, scalable, and highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Use engineering best practices to design and develop re-usable components and operational strategies to support our cloud operations including scalability, high-availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restoring, etc.
- Act as SME for Linux or Windows based workloads, providing solutions to problems, handling migrations, and troubleshooting any issues in a timely manner.
- Work with tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, AWS Systems Manager, Cloud Formation, and Kubernetes for cloud operations work on AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Support cloud infrastructure change management processes and coordinate with other teams such as Security, Change Management, Incident Management and Dev teams.
- Improve our knowledge-base and engineering standards through documentation.
- Ensure the security and compliance of all Sysco’s infrastructure, data, applications, and configurations.
- Automation and scripting via Ansible, Python, Bash, Cloud Formation or Terraform.
- Monitor and proactively manage systems and application issues and be part of a 24×7 roster, providing infrastructure support to product engineering teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Certifications on one or many of the leading cloud vendors including Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft Azure and solid understanding of their services.
- Sound understanding of different cloud environments, including hybrid scenarios, optimizing cost/capacity ratios, proper monitoring, scaling, implementing, and validating database & DR scenarios, security, and compliance.
- 1+ years of experience in a similar capacity with one or many of the cloud vendors for the Engineer position, and 3+ years of experience for the Senior Engineer position.
- Certifications on Linux or Windows based Systems and 1 to 4 years of proven experience as a Linux or Windows administrator will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge on networking and containerization; certifications in networking will be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile, DevOps team environment.
- Good understanding of scripting languages such as Ansible, Python, Bash and PowerShell.
- Knowledge in middle-tier applications including all web servers such as Apache, IIS, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis, and Mem-cache will be an added advantage.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities, able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from executives to operations and development teams.
To Apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (471)
Software Engineer -Web Jobs At Bileeta in Colombo Sri Lanka on June 30, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Java Developer Jobs At Algonomy in Colombo Sri Lanka on June 30, 2022 Full-Time
Full stack Engineer Jobs At Thirdfort in Colombo Sri Lanka on June 30, 2022 Full-Time
Backend Engineering Jobs At Thirdfort in Colombo Sri Lanka on June 30, 2022 Full-Time