Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
About the job
We are looking for a Finance Officer who will be based at Giift office in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The Finance Officer will be responsible in assisting Giift centralized finance operations team in executing daily finance and accounting duties. He/She can expect a fast pace and dynamic working environment.
The Finance Officer will report directly to the Finance Manager and is expected to maintain close links and strong working relationship with other team members.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyse financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on Management Accountant
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Financial Manager and Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- BS Degree/Diploma/Professional qualifications in Accounting / Finance/ Banking or relevant recognized accounting program combined with working experience.
- 1 year of experience in a similar capacity.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands on approach to finance and accounting principles.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English is compulsory)
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy (Accurate, meticulous and committed)
- Proficiency / Good IT skills, familiar with Microsoft application and exposure to general accounting applications (including Vlookups and pivot tables)
- Resilience and able to follow-up on accounts receivables on pending payments
- Maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally
- Good team player with strong sense of responsibility.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
Related Jobs (70)
Senior Accountant Jobs at Mobizz Elite in Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time
Accountant Jobs at tgl.travel in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time
Junior Finance Analyst Jobs at Accenture in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on March 14, 2023 Full-Time