Financial Controller (temporary)
About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
Responsible for the financial establishment of Poland Hub for Ekaterra.
- – financial accounting, reporting set-up of the new Polish legal entity
- – Designing end-to-end process within POL Hub- SU- MSO
- – Set up and controls over overhead blueprint Pol HUB
- – Design and set-up strong internal controls
- – Responsible for engagement with the service providers for statutory accounting and tax
- – Active management of relevant local filings, enquiries, issue management & Third-Party relationship management
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
The individual has a natural bias for action and is willing to make a positive difference to achieve higher levels of performance.
Takes direct ownership of objectives with high levels of self-assurance to achieve goals.
Impactful and flexible in communicating and influencing the issues with the ability to work across matrices of functions.
Your Key Tasks:
- The individual has a natural bias for action and is willing to make a positive difference to achieve higher levels of performance.
- Takes direct ownership of objectives with high levels of self-assurance to achieve goals.
- Impactful and flexible in communicating and influencing the issues with the ability to work across matrices of functions.
Skills and Experience:
- A university degree in any discipline
- International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) knowledge is pre-requisite
- Strong understanding of global accounting policy manual
- Good understanding of the global financial control’s framework
- Strong financial and business acumen
Who we are looking for:
- Contractor for 12 months,
- qualified Accountant
- Strong technical individuals with accounting background
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
- QualificationBachelor's Degree