Full Stack Developer – (Remote)
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS – NIELSEN MEDIA
We aspire to be one diverse, empowered, expert, motivated, passionate and accountable team driving winning outcomes through marketing and communication strategies, programs and initiatives. We are relentlessly focused on our audiences. This enables us to create compelling brand perception and favorability. We propel product and solution growth and support outsized client, consumer, shareholder and community respect and engagement. We are insights and opportunity driven. We proactively fuel growth through well-honed strategies, creative and thoughtful programs and exceptional execution.
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Global Digital and Growth Marketing team leads the digital marketing and advertising strategy, activation and optimization for the enterprise. Managing all marketing levers to drive outcomes for stakeholders including B2B lead and revenue generation as well as enterprise initiatives. This cross channel team develops and manages stakeholder strategies and execution on digital properties (including Nielsen.com), email, mobile and social properties – proprietary and paid.
The Fullstack Developer position is responsible for independently analyzing, developing, testing, and supporting complex web environments and applications built on WordPress utilizing modern tech stacks and custom applications on AWS, and Google Cloud. You will provide technical expertise and guidance to project teams and help develop strategies for developing complex applications.
- Desire and willingness to learn new technologies and techniques, in a rapidly evolving technology stack
- Vast experience in the WordPress ecosystem
- Investigate and analyze verbal and written requests for web applications, interpreting requirements to construct highly complex applications
- Construct, test, install, and maintain web applications:
- Develop highly complex full-stack code, which is maintainable, easy to use, and satisfies application requirements.
- Develop and execute application test plans, analyze test results, and make appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
- Contribute to the planning for acceptance testing and implementation of new software, performing supporting activities to ensure that customers have the information and assistance they need for a successful implementation.
- Provide support to internal users and support staff:
- Investigate application incidents for missing or incorrect functionality.
- Sssess incident resolution and estimate application changes.
- Spply resolutions, leading to timely, error-free revisions in applications.
- Research assess and facilitate the adoption of new technologies
- Perform configuration management tasks:
- Ensure applications’ components are archived in common repositories according to IT standards with appropriate documentation that reflects the progression from development to implementation.
- Work with and in some instances provides work direction to our vendor partners
- Other developmental duties as assigned
- 3+ years experience working as a Fullstack Developer
- Experience working in the WordPress development ecosystem, not limited to
- Custom Routing (Nielsen.com multilingual support as an example)
- Custom WordPress Theming
- Custom WordPress Plugins
- Gutenberg (Block Editor)
- Modern PHP
- Laravel (blade templating)
- Webpack/Yarn (preprocessors in general)
- WordPress API’s
- Proficient with NodeJS and creating/maintaining REST API
- Supporting legacy libraries such as Bootstrap 4, and jQuery
- Experience with Google Cloud, Apps Script, and AWS is a plus
- Use of analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design
- Solving coding problems and working as a member of a team
- Use of software design and testing principles
- Working with a wide set of clients/stakeholders to understand and implement their technical needs
- Version control and continuous integration using tools such as Github, CircleCI
- Experience with building technical documentation, supporting maintainable codebases. Including documentation and training
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (40)
Digital Developer Jobs at Kognitiv in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on October 6, 2022 Full-Time
Senior UI/UX Designer, Careers At Mintpay, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 5, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Web Developer, Careers At Web Lankan, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 5, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer, Careers At solomoIT, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 5, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Tech Lead, Careers at Zeropoint, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 5, 2022 Full-Time
Intern .NET C# Developer, Opportunity At APP360 (PVT) Ltd., Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2022 Internship