About the job
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
About HSBC – Global Service Centres
Our Global Service Centres are an integral part of Global Operations. Employees based there manage day-to-day customer transactions and processes for the global businesses. This may include transactions for our retail bank such as processing loans, credit cards, insurance and mortgage applications, opening new accounts, and managing customer enquiries through contact centres and digital platforms.
The MSS (Markets & Securities Services) provides comprehensive global, regional and domestic fund services including fund administration, global custody, corporate trust and loan agency and sub-custody settlement services to international asset management industry.
Statutory Reporting involves preparing and reviewing Financial Statements comprising of Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account, Notes to the Accounts and other Annexures to Annual or Interim Reports that includes but not limited to Statement of Portfolio of Investments, Statement of Changes in Capital, Performance Table, Ongoing Charges, Risk Disclosures etc for different Funds administered by HSS (HSBC Securities Services)
We are currently seeking some experienced professionals to join our team in the role of Fund Accountant
In this role, you will:
- Preparing the Financial Statements as mentioned above, in accordance with relevant accounting standards for the respective country, i.e. IFRS or US GAAP or Local GAAPs as applicable and within strict timelines (FRS102 in the case of UK Authorized Investment Funds)
- Performing other activities such as Income Forecast, P&L Review, Amortisation Checks, Journals Posting, Special Dividends Check, Audit Queries etc. in addition to financial statements preparation
- Sound technical knowledge in accounting, funds and financial instruments to carry out work assigned. Sharing best practices and knowledge acquired with colleagues. Strive for continuous knowledge improvement
- Expected to engage in the production work that involves preparation taking complete ownership of the deliverables and ensuring that they are delivered error free to the business partners within agreed time. Has to ensure that no terms of the PLA are breached in any way
- Ensuring Standard Operating Procedures are kept up to date
- Continuously strive for process improvements
- Ability to understand client, business partner and auditor requirements and conform to them for all deliverables
- Analyze the MI data collated by the team on regular basis to detect trends and suggesting on improvisations
- Ability to work closely with peers and colleagues. Adapt and encourage teamwork. Ensure positive relationships are built and maintained within team, upstream and downstream teams as well as business partners.
- Support the Manager in the process and to work in perfect harmony to ensure service level excellence.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Qualified / Part Qualified in ACA/ CIMA/ACCA/ Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1 Year of Auditing and Accounting Work Experience
- Demonstrate sound knowledge in accounting principles and financial reporting
- Demonstrate reasonable understanding of Alternative/Traditional investment industry and knowledgeable in various derivative instruments such as options, swaps, forwards and corporate actions etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of Accounting Standards
- Proven ability with complex spreadsheet design and formatting
- Expertise in preparation of financial statements (Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Notes etc as mentioned above)
- Demonstrate ability to identify and resolve complex fund issues
b. Additional knowledge & experience:
- Should have an eye for detail and a strong analytical mind.
- Efficient Time Management and ability to multi-task work and priorities to meet defined deadlines.
- High degree of proficiency in English language to communicate effectively with overseas business partners.
- Needs to be proactive in accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to build excellent rapport and working relationship with other departments and business partners thus ensuring smooth operations.
- Excellent work ethics and lives HSBC values.
- Ability to work on any shift.
If interested, please apply for this position attaching a copy of your CV
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, colour, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Lanka) Private LTD
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019- nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
Related Jobs (128)
Intern – Collections Internships at ADA in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 7, 2022 Internship
Account Manager Jobs at Hitachi in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on October 5, 2022 Full-Time
Intern – Marketing Internship at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 4, 2022 Internship
Manager, Vacancies At Union Assurance PLC, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 3, 2022 Full-Time