Group Operations Head
Brandix, a leader in Sri Lanka’s Apparel industry and adjudged ‘Exporter of the Year’ at the 2018/19 Presidential Export Awards, operates apparel manufacturing units in Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh, with operations in Haiti, Cambodia and UK. The company continues its inspired journey in developing, manufacturing and marketing end-to-end apparel solutions to world-renowned brands, whilst empowering sustainable development in the communities it operates in.
Key purpose of the Job
The Group Operations Head is responsible for leading the Operations function within its end-to-end scope (Product Development, Sample Room, Planning & Control, Cut to Pack, Technical and Quality, IE, Implementation of Lean Manufacturing) for the Apparel Group, across geographies with its manufacturing presence. The role holder is responsible for providing strategic direction in formulating the Group Operations Long Range Plan (LRP) and enabling and governing achievement of the same whilst being instrumental in the Group digitalization transformation. Delivering the Group functional budget through rigorous budgetary control and driving the achievement of key operational KPIs and business outcomes is also integral to the role. The role will also entail leading the function towards achieving operational excellence by providing subject matter expertise and driving productivity improvements based on organizational and market exigencies through best-in-class technology and best practices.
1. Provide strategic direction for the formulation and implementation of the functional LRP aligned with the Group LRP and drive strategic initiatives across the Group. Spearhead the functional budgeting process and govern the delivery of the same through budgetary control Group-wide.
2. Drive operational excellence and achievement of operational KPIs through rigorous reviews and strengthen the functional enablement and governance through pillar leads. Initiate and lead centrally driven critical initiatives from inception to Groupwide rollout based on current business exigencies in materialising cross-functional synergies and forecasted benefits.
3. Lead functional pillars within the Operations scope at a Corporate, SBU and plant level in driving continuous improvement through regular benchmarking with peers, and striving for productivity improvements through standardization, digitalization, innovation, autonomation, and cost optimisation initiatives.
4. Provide leadership, direction, and subject matter expertise in resolving complex operational, manufacturing, and cross functional issues, including rostered and ad-hoc visits to SBUs and plants in Sri Lanka as well as overseas manufacturing facilities.
5. Steer the digitalization drive under Operations by serving as the chief liaison between the function and the project management/cross-functional teams and provide strategic direction and inbuild integral functional requirements into project deliverables. Provide functional leadership for Groupwide rollouts within the triple constraints and provide stewardship in change management.
6. Drive strategic synergies by building and sustaining strategic partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders across the Group to achieve functional and organizational objectives.
7. Lead and inspire the Operations team in achieving operational excellence and organizational objectives through clear communication on the organizational and functional objectives. Oversee the resourcing of key operations positions, provide coaching, talent development and career progression and timely revisions to structures and compensation in line with organizational and market exigencies.
8. Lead holistic, functional, and cross-functional consolidation initiatives across the Group, including identification of expansion needs, structure reviews, outsourcing requirements, overhead rationalization, mapping and addressing risks (for e.g., country-specific, labour, regulatory, etc.) Manage the functional risk grid through risk identification, assessment, mitigating and monitoring to ensure it is managed within the accepted boundaries of the Company’s risk tolerance.
9. Oversee the adherence to functional statutory, regulatory and compliance requirements, including employment conditions, contract labour, Employee Health & Safety, customer compliance requirements, etc., in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders (Works HR, Administration, Risk & Compliance)
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- ExperienceMore than 5 Years
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)