HR Generalist/Employee Relations Specialist – Covington, Tennessee
Background & Purpose of the Job
Working in partnership with other HR teams, the expertise and focus of the HR Operations team is supporting line managers with NA employee relations matters, performance management, policy queries and guidance on NA HR processes. The team’s objective is to provide consistent support with HR processes and enable smooth running of NA HR operations, and simultaneously build Unilever employee’s experience at Key Employee Moments. The role requires a customer mindset and strong bias for action. These activities will include, but are not limited to, Performance Management, Employment Law/Legal Compliance, Employee Advocacy, advising on HR policies and processes.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The People Experience Lead (Assistant HRBP) will be the key HR contact and the Face of HR department for the factory employees. She/he is responsible for supporting day to day operations in all aspect of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coach and counsel employees, front line leaders and managers on employee relation matters.
- Seek continuous improvements in HR policies and evaluate current processes for increased efficiencies
- Ability to direct and manage end to end ownership of HR solutions/rollouts for the site.
- Manage and direct project teams from inception to completion, hitting deadlines and documenting progress.
- Lead and provide direction to managers regarding Performance Management Process (PMP)
- Manage the medical accommodation process to be aligned with federal and state laws
- Must be able to effectively manage conflict while creating an inclusive work environment.
- Manage the new hire onboarding process to include safety, quality, continuous improvement and operation teams.
- Manage escalation of HR support issues through to resolution while maintaining effective communication with all affected stakeholders
- Conduct investigations including write-ups, legal conversations, and counseling
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all key HR Tools, systems and processes
- Experience navigating and using an HRIS system, such as Workday or similar
- Ability to analyze data to make key decisions to drive performance
- Demonstrate the ability to design, implement/execute, and measure the impact of organizational
- Maintain, coordinate, monitor and report HR trends and issues within scope of work
- Coordinate and keep up to date with the on-boarding process with safety and operation teams
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 3 – 4 + Year’s Manufacturing Employee Relations or Factory HR experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or related field
- Labor relations and grievance handling experience preferred
- Ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly and persuasively as well as ability to influence others
- Strong organizational skills are important as well as attention to details and an ability to multi task and see work through to conclusions (project management experience a plus)
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Proven track record of successfully working in a complex, matrix organization
- Ability to work independently, taking ownership to positively influence the end result despite differing goals and priorities
- Action-oriented to initiate appropriate resources and tools to ensure delivery on key HR processes
- Strong stakeholder management with ability to impact and influence different areas of the organization
- Continuous improvement / simplification mindset and experience
- Ability to travel as needed to field locations across North America
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience3 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (8)
- Human Resources Executive Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Head of Product Management Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Undergraduate Trainee – Employer Branding Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Intern – HR Internship at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Internship
- Management Accountant Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Executive – Human Resources Jobs at MAS Holdings in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Executive HR (Onboarding) Jobs at Accenture in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 25, 2023 Full-Time