IFS Security Operations Centre (SOC) Manager
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work everyday with customers who continue to challenge their markets and competitors. As a challenger ourselves, we partner with our customers to guide them through their digital transformations and extract the most value out of our software solutions. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great! We are #ForTheChallengers and if that resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Corporate Services (CoS) is responsible for the information security of all information systems across the global IFS organisation. The SOC Manager position leads the existing CoS Security Operations Centre (SOC) team, bringing experience of managing security event mitigation and remediation and proactive threat hunting, to help protect our IT infrastructure, systems and services from a range of security threats. This is a global vacancy, and the successful candidate will be located in one of our existing security team locations – UK, Sweden, Sri Lanka, US or India.
The IFS SOC team itself is consciously geographically distributed to protect against single points of failure as well as support a “follow the sun” model of continuous service availability. Working hours will normally conform to local office hours, but limited periods of working outside this time frame may be necessary in response to specific projects or events. Appropriate compensation will be included within the offer of employment should the candidate be successful.
Working as a member of the Corporate Services Security Team, the Security Operations Centre Manager supports the Head of IT Security by implementing, maintaining and monitoring the SOC service in accordance with the IFS Information Security Strategy across the global IFS IT infrastructure.
The role of the Security Operations Centre Manager comprises the following primary responsibilities:
- Coordinate the functional activities of SOC ensuring that all feeds are appropriately handled in a timely and responsive manner.
- Lead the execution of incident analysis, incident assessment and incident response.
- Establish and maintain KPIs and metrics to ensure a high level of team effectiveness, productivity and operational readiness.
- Evaluate existing and new security feeds and threat intelligence sources to ensure best business value and security oversight.
- Provide management oversight for the identification, triage and response of key events and security incidents.
- Produce and review aggregated performance metrics from the SOC function and report at Monthly IT Security Board meetings.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the SOC, through continued improvement of each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Overall responsibility for service provider management (Orange Cyber Defence) and service delivery of the SOC function.
- Support the Head of IT Security in developing short and long term SOC strategy and planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
- Manage the activities of the SOC team including the operation of a three shift resourcing pattern to facilitate a 24 x 5 service.
- Holistic and pragmatic view on IT security risk, IT security controls and practices and how these fit with the business operations and priorities.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work autonomously when required.
- Experience from Service Operations and leading Security Operations teams and functions.
- Good planning, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to drive high quality and high throughput of highlighted risks and incidents.
- Ability to work as a Line Manager as well as managing an external service supplier.
- Very good presentation and communication skills.
- A passion for cyber security and a keen interest in IT;
- Serve as an ambassador for IFS information security practice, promoting best practice and helping develop a healthy, engaged information security culture across the organisation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to think like an adversary whilst operating meticulously in accordance with IFS policies and code of conduct;
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to manage time efficiently;
- Excellent inter-personnel skills and an ability to share knowledge and experience to help develop others in their role;
- Excellent at prioritising and focusing on that which matters most within a particular task or set of tasks;
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats, security incidents and other situations of high demand.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology
- Minimum 3 years working as part of a SOC
- Minimum 2 years working in the role of SOC manager or equivalent
Any of the following certifications/formal training would be an advantage.
- Certification in Microsoft Azure
- Certified Security Analyst
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Mitre Attack Framework
- Network Certifications – CCNA, CCNAS, PCNSA
- Cloud Certifications – AWS SA, AWS Security, Azure SC-200, Azure AZ-500
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognised leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners. For more information, visit: IFS.com.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (16)
Operations Engineer Jobs At Pearson, Colombo, Sri Lanka on June 10, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Operations Engineer Jobs AT Pearson, Colombo, Sri Lanka on June 10, 2022 Full-Time
Intern, Careers at EMD Labs, Batticaloa, Sri Lanka. on May 19, 2022 Internship