Information Security Engineer, Red Team, Android Security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in vulnerability testing and code-level security auditing.
- Programming experience in Python, C/C++, Java, or Go.
- Experience in one or more of the following: threat modeling, incident and emergency response, OS hardening, vulnerability management, pen testing, or cryptographic concepts.
- Experience in Android application development using C++, Java, and/or Kotlin.
- Experience in, and technical knowledge of, security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and security protocols, and applied cryptography.
- Experience in vulnerability discovery and analysis, design auditing, and code-level security auditing.
- Ability to self motivate and drive results.
- Familiarity with Android Internals and the Linux kernel.
About the job
There’s no such thing as a “safe system” – only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google’s users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work directly with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
As an Information Security Engineer in Android Security, you’ll be protecting users by investigating and solving problems in vulnerability analysis. You will perform low-level security assessments against hardware, firmware, as well as the Android Operating System (kernel), working to identify vulnerabilities and provide remediation guidance to impacted application developers.
You’ll also work with Android security teams, particularly those teams that work on the Google devices portfolio, to find creative ways to reduce the occurrence of Android vulnerabilities at scale. You’ll face a wide variety of code quality issues, and work towards detecting flaws both obvious and discrete.
Making the world’s information universally accessible and useful doesn’t stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world’s most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Audit and assess technologies being used in future Pixel Devices.
- Assess the risks across the Android Platform and audit high value components for critical and high security vulnerabilities.
- Document how high risk components in Android interact with each other and the OS, and use that information to drive analysis of the OS.
- Develop tools and techniques for vulnerability discovery on Android, and provide guidance on mitigations that would block exploitation.
- Provide guidance to feature teams based on our analysis of the coding practices and vulnerabilities found during engagements
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience4 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (45)
- Senior Frontend Developer Jobs at Kognitiv Corporation in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- DevOps Application Engineer Jobs at Synopsys Inc in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Data Engineer Jobs at Insighture in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer Internship at Almas Equities in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Internship
- Senior Game Developer Jobs at Matific in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer II Jobs at Zebra Technologies in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer – Java Jobs at Digiratina in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer (iOS) Jobs at Aeturnum in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior DevOps Engineers Jobs at Sysco LABS in Western Province, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior PHP Developer Jobs at Techlabs Global Private Ltd in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time