Intern 1 – Assurance – TMT – Audit Services – Chennai
Intern – Assurance
EY is looking for Interns in Assurance.
You will be responsible for executing client related engagements under the supervision of Seniors. You will have to determine that work delivered is of high quality. You shall be involved in assisting Seniors & Managers in developing new methodologies and other related internal initiatives.
Your key responsibilities
- Analysis of variances of all profit and loss account items and arriving at a logical conclusion for such variances.
- Ensuring full compliance under statute & external statutory financial accounting requirements, record keeping & reporting the auditing functions.
- Responsible for supporting Executives and Managers on research assignments and compliance related work.
- Evaluating internal control systems / procedures, preparing audit reports with a view to highlight the shortcomings and necessary recommendations.
- Conducting tax audits to ensure proper disclosures have been made and various tax regulations have been complied with.
- Assist in preparation of Audit Programs. Involved in following up and gathering information from the clients.
- Continually updated with the developments in Audit related areas and have responsibility for updating their teams.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong Analytical/Numerical ability
- Proficient in MS word, excel, power point
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- Graduate and IPCC both groups cleared/ Cleared one, awaiting results for second.
- No Prior experience requiredu
Ideally you’ll also have
- Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelEntry Level
- INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (11)
- Management Accountant Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Group Taxation Jobs at MAS Holdings in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Product Specialist – Pricing Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Finance Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Finance Executive Jobs at John Keells Information Technology in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time