Intern – IT Operations
- Working with internal stakeholders on customer issues, and responding to requests for assistance and support.
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot the system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)and manage many open cases at one time
- Manage our IT assets through the entire lifecycle, including purchasing, repairs, and secure disposal
- Build and configure hardware and update software
- Basic Laptop repairing and ensuring that the OS are functioning properly
- Running diagnostic programs and maintaining computers
- Gathering data to assess the needs of the customers
- System administration
- Resolving incorrect settings
- Remove viruses or spyware, be able to replace hardware or reinstall the entire operating system
Apply if you possess
- Studying for or completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Experience in the administration of VMWare.
- Experience of firewall, router and network infrastructure device management.
- A working knowledge of data center security, processes, and protocols.
- Strong Linux administration skills.
- A good understanding of TCP/IP network technologies and protocols
- Experience working with help desk ticketing systems.
- The ability to think logically
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work.
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- The ability to prioritize your workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/radio with peers, management, contractors, and vendors.
- Have broad knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 10, Linux, and managing Mac and PC’s in an enterprise environment.
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (80)
Senior Research Fellow in Field Robotics-(University of Sydney) on September 20, 2021 Full-Time
Research Associate in Social or Behavioural Sciences-(UNSW) on September 20, 2021 Contract Full-Time
Research Associate / Postdoctoral Researcher-(UNSW Canberra) on September 20, 2021 Full-Time
PhD candidate for the NSW Health Gene & Cell Therapy PhD Program-(UNSW ) on September 20, 2021 Full-Time
Research Fellow, Bioinformatician (Cancer Science Institute – GeDaC) on September 20, 2021 Full-Time
Postdoctoral Fellow (Computational Fluid Dynamics)-National University of Singapore on September 20, 2021 Full-Time