Intern – Software Engineering
About the job
- Ensures that code artifacts produced are of the highest quality, conforming to set or agreed upon standards under the guidance of software engineer
- Follows the Pearson practices and processes.
- Escalates and communicates issues, risks and concerns to the mentor
- Provides realistic estimates and achieve on-time Delivery.
- Makes effective use of engineering tools and technologies
- Builds competencies in product and technology domain to the desired level.
- Aligns self to organizational goals.
- Adhere to Pearson values and ethical practices.
- Maintains a sense of individuality in thinking and decision making.
- Is a professional in work aspects as well as conduct with other individual
Education / ExperienceIndividual should be following a Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Information Technology/Management. Individuals who are following a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physical Sciences, or a specialization in the Engineering field will also be considered.Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Very good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Design
- Good technical knowledge and hands-on experience in one technology stack (Java/.Net/Mobile etc.)
- Basic understanding of Software Engineering Best Practices
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact promptly and professionally with teams across different time zones.
- Ability to learn new technologies rapidly and share knowledge with other team members
- Desirable Experience or Knowledge in the following areas:
- Web Application Development
- UI/UX Technologies
- Source control systems
- Unit testing and test automation frameworks
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment tools and technologies
- Agile practices
- Web and Application Servers (WebLogic, Tomcat, IIS)
- Database design and programming
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.Job: PROJECT/TEMPORARY WORKFORCEOrganization: Higher EducationSchedule: FULLTIMEReq ID: 10295
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelEntry Level
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (471)
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Dutton Labs LK in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time
Human Resources Internship at Baker Tilly in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Jobs at CuSolid in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time