Intern-Software Engineering (Java/React)
Responsible for the core software engineering tasks in a project team. The individual will be required to work with dynamic teams that are driven by project delivery goals. Should possess the drive to learn and continuously improve on work performances. The individual will be required to participate in periodic appraisal cycles to evaluate and determine advancement opportunities.
Listed below are the typical duties and responsibilities expected of an individual for the job title described in this document. The items specified below are a guideline of the minimum expectations for the job title; changes will be made on a case-by-case basis for individuals who show potential to take on more responsibilities.
Other duties may be assigned time to time.
- Ensures that code artifacts produced are of the highest quality, conforming to set or agreed upon standards under the guidance of software engineer
- Follows the Pearson practices and processes.
- Escalates and communicates issues, risks and concerns to the mentor
- Provides realistic estimates and achieves on-time delivery.
- Makes effective use of engineering tools and technologies
- Builds competencies in product and technology domain to the desired level.
- Aligns self to organizational goals.
- Adhere to Pearson values and ethical practices.
- Maintains a sense of individuality in thinking and decision-making.
Is a professional in work aspects as well as to conduct with other individuals
Education / Experience
*Individual should be following a Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Information Technology/Management. *Individuals who are following a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physical Sciences, or a specialization in the Engineering field will also be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Very good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Design
- Good technical knowledge and hands-on experience in one technology stack (Java/React/Scripting)
- Basic understanding of Software Engineering Best Practices
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact promptly and professionally with teams across different time zones.
- Ability to learn new technologies rapidly and share knowledge with other team members
- Desirable Experience or Knowledge in the following areas:
- Web Application Development
- UI/UX Technologies
- Source control systems
- Unit testing and test automation frameworks
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment tools and technologies
- Agile practices
- Web and Application Servers
- Database design and programming
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelEntry Level
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (35)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Quality Assurance Lead Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Full-stack PHP Developer Jobs at Scopic Software in Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at QrioMatrix in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Saberion in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time