INTERNSHIP IN IMPLEMENTATION OF DIFFERENT INTERACTION TECHNIQUES FOR WALL-SIZED DISPLAYS
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as an intern? Join our IT for Innovation Services department
The IT for Innovative Services (ITIS) department, with its 100 researchers and engineers, focuses on the digital transformation of operations in organizations with traditional environments and digital ecosystems, with the aim of improving their performance and innovation capacity. The common thread throughout ITIS is to develop the most efficient use of big data to ensure the most appropriate decision-making processes.
The department relies on the Data Analytics Platform: a hybrid infrastructure covering the entire range of data analytics activities. The platform is based on three pillars: a high-performance computing (HPC) infrastructure, a cognitive analytics pillar and an interactive visualization wall (Viswall).
The internship will be contributing to the ReSurf project which seeks to understand how awareness can be enhanced for a team that meets remotely with two wall-displays and jointly analyses data to take decisions. ReSurf is funded by the FNR under the CORE 2021 program and is running from 2022-2025.
How will you contribute?
Interactive wall-sized displays enable the presentation of large amounts of data in different scales and views, and support users in better identifying details and in general gain more insights about the data. However, interaction support with wall-sized displays is complex as users need to stand further away to understand the data, mouse pointer movements do not scale well with the large size, and not all areas can be easily reached through touch.
Aim of this internship is to prototype different interaction techniques (including mid-air gestures with Kinect 2.0 and tangible interaction) suitable for wall-sized displays.
The internship includes the following tasks:
- Get familiar with the technologies involved in LIST’s wall display setup
- Investigate suitable interaction techniques and possible implementations
- Prototype a selection of techniques building upon LIST’s technologies
- Create a demonstrator to showcase the developed techniques
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
You are a Master student in Computer Science, Media Technology, or similar, preferably doing your thesis.
You also have:
- Good knowledge of English
- Knowledgeable in Human Computer Interaction
- Ability to develop fully functional prototypes
- Capacity to generate new ideas, concepts, and solutions
You are the one we’re looking for!
Your LIST benefits
An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
32 days’ paid annual leave for a full time internship, 11 public holidays per annum, flexible working hours,
An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include a motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- Desirable starting date: 01.03.22
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- EnglishRead B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelEntry Level
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)
Related Jobs (55)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Quality Assurance Lead Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Full-stack PHP Developer Jobs at Scopic Software in Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at QrioMatrix in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Saberion in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time