Law Clerk – Canadian Business Immigration QC
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are open to remote work arrangements of up to 3 days per week – depending on role.
As a Canadian Business Immigration Law Clerk, you will provide our clients with integrated, quality services. EY Law LLP helps companies and their employees efficiently relocate wherever they need them to be. The firm’s comprehensive range of Canadian business immigration services advising on immigration issues and the use of international agreements in immigration matters, to arranging entry visas, work permits or permanent resident status-makes operating across borders less painful and more cost-effective for employers.
- As a Law Clerk, you will join our Canadian Business Immigration team. You will support multiple and challenging Canadian business immigration engagements and contribute to the delivery of solutions and ideas for our diverse institutional clients.
- Skills and attributes
- Learn Canadian business immigration processing categories and requirements for each visa category.
- On instruction from the lawyer, research current processing requirements at service centres/consulates etc.
- Manage the lifecycle of applications including, document collection, drafting, reviewing, editing and submission of packages.
- Collect information and documentation from HR contacts and applicants.
- Using available resources, draft complete application packages for review by the supervising lawyer.
- Ensure that applications are filed in a timely manner.
- Meet with lawyers to discuss questions raised by the client and then relate information back to the HR contact/applicant.
- Draft emails in response to queries by clients and notify them of updates to their applications.
- Delegate appropriate work to support staff, such as: completion of forms, copying of documents, and mailing out application packages.
- Follow up with immigration authorities on pending applications.
- Conduct electronic data entry including billing and general client information in applicant tracking system.
- Ensure that lawyers are at all times advised of client related issues.
- Professional Development: may be required to attend seminars and professional development courses that are relevant to their area of specialty.
- Undergraduate University Degree, College Diploma, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of Canadian business immigration experience.
- Knowledge of Quebec immigration regulations is an asset.
- Bilingualism in French and English preferred.
- Excellent organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and take on a variety of projects and manage multiple high-volume engagements.
- High level of professionalism to handle sensitive and confidential information.
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry.
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelAssistant
- Experience1 Year
- QualificationBachelor's Degree