Lawyer – Business Immigration Services, United States
At EY, you will have the opportunity to build a career as unique as you are. And with the global component, support, inclusive culture and technology, you can become the best version of yourself. We count on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and create an exceptional experience for yourselves and a better world for all.
We are willing to offer telecommuting arrangements where you could work remotely up to three days a week, depending on the role held.
As a lawyer in the United States Immigration Services for Business of EY Law Firm LLP, you will help businesses meet the challenges of managing a workforce today mobile on a planetary scale. EY Law Firm LLP helps companies relocate their employees effectively, wherever they need them in the world. The full range of business immigration services in the United States include obtaining immigrant (green card) and non-immigrant (temporary work visas) status as well as providing a range of US immigration law advisory services for employees and their employer. This position offers excellent opportunities for growth and development,
In this role, you will join our United States Business Immigration Services team. You will provide complex services related to business immigration to the United States and help develop solutions for our diverse clientele. You will provide our clients with not only technical and legal expertise, but also proactive business solutions that meet their needs.
Skills and qualities for success
- Possess and apply in-depth technical, legal and procedural knowledge of business immigration law in the United States, including PERM application laws as well as non-immigrant and immigrant visas effectively to situations experienced by clients.
- Prepare, review and submit immigration and non-immigration applications and PERM applications in a high volume environment.
- Manage customer deliverables and expectations, and demonstrate the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Facilitate the legal movement of employees between countries for business purposes.
- Manage paralegals and other members of the customer service team.
- Be an active member of the United States Immigration Services team by participating in the implementation of best practices.
- JurisDoctor degree and be admitted to the Bar of a US state.
- Basic knowledge of US immigration law an asset.
- Bilingualism in French and English, an asset.
- Excellent management, organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide our clients with not only technical and legal expertise, but also proactive business solutions that meet their needs.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, team-oriented environment where things change quickly.
- Ability to multitask and take part in different projects.
- High professionalism and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
What we are looking for
We are looking for people with a strong team spirit who support their colleagues in achieving their goals, while keeping their own workload and development in mind. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that lends a helping hand to great companies around the world, this role is for you.
The benefits of working at EY
At EY, our Total Rewards program supports our commitment to building a leading people-centered culture – built around high performing teams – where all can realize their potential and help build a better world for our people. , our customers and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized time and time again as a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you are compensated for your performance and which recognizes the value you bring to the business. Plus, our Total Rewards program lets you determine which benefits are right for you and which will help you build a solid foundation for your future. Our total compensation package includes comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation directive, which includes days paid by the Company so you take advantage of long weekends spread throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal leave (depending on the province of residence), as well as an array of exciting programs and benefits designed for your physical, financial and social well-being. You will also benefit from:
- the support and mentorship of some of the most inspiring colleagues in the industry;
- learning opportunities allowing you to acquire new skills and boost your career;
- the freedom and flexibility you need to play your role in the way that’s right for you.
EY | Working together for a better world
EY’s raison d’être is to build a better world, to create long-term value for customers, people and society, and to build confidence in the financial markets.
Powered by data and technology, EY’s diverse teams in more than 150 countries build trust through certification, and help clients thrive, transform and operate.
Whether in assurance, consulting, strategy, tax or transactions, or even in legal services, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers to the complex issues of the world of business. ‘today.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)