Lead Software Engineer – Corporate Services, Application Center of Excellence
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work every day within our single platform and embedded digital innovation to help our customers be their best when it really matters to their customers – at the Moment of Service™. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
The Applications Center of Excellence under Corporate Services is on the lookout for a
dynamic and open-minded individual to join us as a Lead Software Engineer.
This work is focused on interpreting and analyzing functional and technical requirements to create fit-for-purpose and enterprise-grade software. Usability, maintainability, security, and performance are key aspects of this work. Someone in this role uses their technical know-how to develop and maintain the products in a way that ensures product sustainability throughout the product’s lifecycle. Software engineers at IFS demonstrate a strong commitment to the product quality and take proactive action to prevent issues from arising and resolve them quickly and effectively when they still do occur.
To participate in design/code reviews and to apply sound and established software engineering practices and principles is part of the day-to-day work. So is defining and using design patterns, quality metrics, test cases, and best practices.
Software engineer at IFS continuously expands their functional and technical domain knowledge and shares this knowledge to guide others.
Together with the IFS Global business process owners and specialists, we develop multidisciplinary and customer-driven global solutions driving towards a scalable and agile solution for the future.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
Advanced level, able to perform complex work in Technical design and develop fit-for-purpose software based on functional and technical requirements
– Ensure usability, maintainability, security, and performance
– Use sound and established engineering/architectural practices and principles
– Adhere to IFS’s standards and guidelines
– Take lead on tasks and in teams
Advanced level, able to perform complex work in Technical test, debug, review and maintain software
– Qualify, locate, and resolve software flaws
– Evaluate and suggest alternative solutions
– Define technical test flows and ensure appropriate test coverage
– Review, understand, learn from, and suggest improvements to code
Intermediate level, able to perform medium complexity work in Create documentation, presentation, and training material
Expert level, able to perform high complexity work in Share knowledge, guide and train colleagues
– Ensure competency spread
– Provide direction, by mentoring and coaching others
Overall Required Competence
Advanced level, able to perform complex work in technical design and programming skills
– Analytical, logical, abstract thinking, attention to detail, algorithms, …
– Programming languages, software libraries, design patterns and techniques, …*
Advanced level, able to perform complex work in code & design documentation skills
– Documenting your code, your design choices and architecture
– Not only what and how, but also why
Advanced level, able to perform complex work in software performance knowledge
– Algorithms, indexing, caching, considering data volumes, memory footprints, …
Intermediate level, able to perform medium complexity work functional design skills
– Transforming business requirement into features and functions
– Focusing things like usability and solution consistency
Basic level, able to perform low complexity work in UX design skills **
– User stories, interaction design, UI prototyping, wireframing, …
Advanced level, able to perform complex work in Quality assurance skills
– Test-driven development (TDD), manual testing, test scripts, test automation, testable code, performance testing, …
Intermediate level, able to perform medium complexity work in Business application knowledge
– Knowhow in how our applications and solutions are used
– Ability to understand different integration mechanisms towards different software (e.g., on-prem, Cloud, SaaS)
Intermediate level, able to perform medium complexity work in Software security knowledge
Intermediate level, able to perform medium complexity work in technical leadership skills
– Drive or lead in technical solution discussion
Advance Communication and presentation skills
– Technical and internal presentation
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- 4 Plus year of relevant work expereince.
- Knowledge on Database Management Systems
- Sound Knowledge of version control platforms such as Kubernetes, GIT
- Sound Knowledge in integration platforms/technology such as Dell Boomi, REST APIs, JASON, SOAP is an added advantage
- Basic Knowledge in Agile platforms (Jira), ITIL platforms (ServiceNow, IFS Assyst) are a definite advantage
- Ability to work in distributed Global team setup, with the flexibility of going on call and working on EU shifts.
- Fluency in English
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (407)
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Techscrolll in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Simsyn Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time