At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Your Key Responsibilities:
As part of the General Counsel’s Office (GCO) team based in Singapore and reporting to the Singapore General Counsel, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal and contractual support to business teams on a broad range of legal issues and matters including:
- Draft, review and conduct hands-on negotiation of a diverse range of engagement contracts and other commercial documents / agreements with clients across EY’s various service lines.
- Provide timely and pro-active legal advice on a range of commercial issues, including data privacy, intellectual property, and IT licensing.
- Assist with giving advice to service lines on legal and regulatory risks associated with the provision of professional services.
- Participating in special projects (including corporate actions, business transformation).
- Performing other job-related duties which may be assigned as required.
Skills & Attributes for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in law or J.D. degree from a common law country.
- 5 to 7 years of corporate legal experience gained from a combination of private practice and in-house roles (experience in a multi-national organization is desirable).
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Business minded and able to communicate complex legal issues and risks to non-legal stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Excellent writing, drafting and negotiation skills, with a strong track record in managing a broad range of legal issues.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast-moving, organic matrix environment.
- Team player who can work independently but also understands when issues need to be escalated.
- Comfortable with hybrid/remote working arrangements.
- Prior experience in dispute resolution and/or M&A or capital markets work would be viewed favorably. Technology background or any knowledge and experience in IT services contracts (software licenses, technology/implementation) and/or intellectual property is a bonus.
What We Look For
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. Whilst forming part of a dedicated team, you can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about innovation, R&D and new technology and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience5 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree