Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
Legal Officer (Data Protection & Compliance) – Fixed Term Contract
Location: Changi Business Park, Singapore
Company: Nestlé Singapore
Contract (12-24 Months)
Degree in Law and called to the Bar
- Acts as data protection and compliance advisor to the organisation.
- Review of data protection policies relating to privacy matters and practices.
- Understands and monitors the data process and flows in the Markets, and staying updated with developments in Privacy Data Protection, designing and conducing training and awareness.
- Assessments on assets, solutions and vendors
- Assists Director Legal, relevant Market Compliance and Data Protection Champion of the markets and legal team on personal data, legal and compliance matters.
A day in the life of Data Protection, Compliance and Legal Officer (Fixed Term Contract)
- Responsible for reviewing, designing, proposing and implementing and auditing data protection and privacy matters (including policies, notices, terms and conditions, etc) for the organsiation in Malaysia (MY) / Singapore (SG) market in compliance with applicable laws and organisation’s policies.
- Works with legal team and functional/business data protection champions to ensure that businesses collects and processes personal data in a compliant manner in accordance with the organisation’s standards policies, guidelines.
- Be familiar with and knowledgeable on the latest developments in data protection in MY/SG market and the organisation’s Data Protection Office.
- Create awareness by producing and conducting training and awareness activities. Ensure that the data register, consent registers and all other requirements are up to date and compliant.
- Work closely with the IT department and Globe Compliance to ensure that any privacy assessments, including privacy impact assessment/business impact assessment, vendor assessments are structured and conducted in accordance with the organisation’s standards and applicable laws.
- Assists Legal Team to handle queries, complaints and requests related to the organisation’s data protection regime, liaising with authorities (including PDPC) where required and any other legal related matters.
- Assists Legal Team, Data Protection Champion(s) and Market Compliance Champion of MYSG market to fulfill role as DPC to fulfil the role and complete the tasks required.
What will make you successful
- Understanding of data protection laws and related experience of both Malaysia and Singapore. Good to have GDPR and IT knowledge.
- Has relevant Degree in Law with background in data protection/privacy and called to the Singapore/Malaysia bar.
- Has at least 3 years of relevant experience in data protection/privacy, well versed in digital marketing/e-commerce, and IT security, terms and infrastructure.
- Business oriented and has understanding of the FMCG industry.
- Ability to audit, manage and collaborate with people from multiple disciplines and cultures.
- Good drafting skills with experience drafting various types of agreements and managing the whole end-to-end process of data protection.
- Ability to prioritise, work independently in a fast paced environment and under pressure.
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelOfficer
- Experience3 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree