Librarian, Research Data Specialist
We invite applications for the position of Research Data Specialist in our Institutional Repositories Team, Office of Information, Knowledge and Library Services (OIKLS), Nanyang Technological University (Singapore). We are looking for an individual with exposure to institutional repository services or research data management, and keen to learn more on research data curation and archival in an academic setting.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Team, to provide services that include repository application management and advocacy for researchers on data curation, data sharing, and metadata standards. This position will report to the Team Lead of Institutional Repositories in OIKLS.
- Administer curation of datasets and maintain metadata standards for the institutional repository.
- Engage and advise depositors in enhancement of metadata and appropriateness of data sharing.
- Assess and report on research data archiving with stakeholders.
- Provide advocacy for researchers to fulfil the research data archival obligations.
- Conduct workshops for researchers on institutional repositories related topics.
- Organize institutional repositories and open access related roadshow talks, workshops, seminars, and other events.
- Participate in library-related projects.
- Master’s degree (MLIS or equivalent) is preferred.
- 3-5 years professional experience in research data management, research data archiving or related area.
- Experience in conducting training and providing outreach services.
- Exposure to institutional repository services.
- Knowledge of repository metadata as well as understanding of metadata fields configuration is an advantage.
- Understanding of Data Management Plan (DMP) in the context of research lifecycle
- Awareness of emerging trends in scholarly communications and research support
- Be comfortable to work within an academic library environment with a diverse population of colleagues, faculty, staff, and students.
- Take ownership of tasks and good time management.
- Self-motivated with independent learning skills and desire for continual life-long learning.
- Proactive, flexible and comfortable with complexity and ambiguity.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
Related Jobs (136)
Human Resources Internship at Baker Tilly in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 21, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at KochaSoft in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 21, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at 3axislabs in Jaffna, Sri Lanka on March 15, 2023 Internship
Human Resources Internship at Echelon in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 8, 2023 Internship