EXECUTIVE – Machine engineer (Linea Clothing )
We are on the look out for a dynamic and energetic individual to join the Engineering team as a Machine Engineer. This role requires you to ensure continuous improvements involving sewing machinery by aligning with the latest technological advancements in the field, to ensure uninterrupted production flow and a safe working environment within the organization that optimizes resource utilization.
· Proactively research & be up to date on the latest technological advancements, to conduct continuous improvements to simplify existing processes/functions & periodically upgrade the plant body of knowledge.
· Connect with respective individuals in the Value Stream to support Digitization/Autonomation processes and initiatives to enhance productivity.
· Collaborate with the PPA Champion to ensure optimum utilization of machine related resources at every gate within PPA to achieve required changeover efficiencies.
· Connect with Training School, introduce & implement possible new innovations while conducting regular awareness training programs for team members to upskill their knowledge & encourage continuous improvement.
· Maintain & upgrade the Skill Matrix of Mechanics by identifying skill gaps and monitoring their training & development process in order to have a strong pool of Mechanics.
· Ensure all sewing/non-sewing machinery align with all Health, Safety and Compliance guidelines to maintain zero accidents.
· Drive the planned maintenance process, i.e. prepare total productive maintenance schedule to ensure all machines are serviced in a timely & comprehensive manner at regular intervals while maintaining records.
· Prepare & monitor the budget for all sewing machine related spare parts and new machinery (including zero sewing machine rent cost) on an annual basis & forecast future requirements to optimize spare part inventory.
· Perform additional duties that commensurate with the current role, as and when requested by management.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other Engineering related field
· 2 – 3 years of working experience in a similar capacity in Apparel Manufacturing is must.
· Strong analytical skills with an innovative mindset.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNon-Executive
- Experience2 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (4)
- Front End Industrial Engineer Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 4, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Sustainability Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Executive – Engineering Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time