At Pearson, we are committed to a world that is always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who push the boundaries of technology. We create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations. Within the Pearson Virtual Schools (PVS) division, we have reimagined K-12 education through our virtual school and curriculum offerings. Our schools, Connections Academy and Pearson Online Academy, provide a best-in-class online learning environment for K-12 students to acquire the skills and confidence they need to adapt and thrive in a changing world.
We are looking for someone with proven Technology, People, and Thought leadership skills that have a passion for education and technology transformation. This is a unique opportunity for a technology leader to help us build something that will directly enhance the lives of hundreds of thousands of kids. Join a high-performing team focused on delivering digital transformation!
Purpose of the position:
The Manager of Solution Architecture’s role in the organization is to build and support a team of Solution Architects responsible for creating end-to-end solutions that support the product roadmap and align with Enterprise Architecture’s vision and strategy. The Solution Architect team will create, manage, and lead these solutions, working with Enterprise Architecture, Product Management, and Software Engineering to progress projects from concept to completion. They will accomplish this by evaluating how business process, data, and technology elements can be applied to deliver products that align with our ongoing strategy and evolution.
The Solution Architect team should be able to accurately define the scope of a project by outlining technical components and parameters, identifying applications and interfaces, and documenting these components in detailed design documents. They act as thought leaders to bring product transformation to life by implementing the strategic enterprise architecture vision in partnership with software architects & engineers, and other key stakeholders.
The Manager of Solution Architecture will govern the team’s deliverables and performance, setting goals and objectives and defining key performance indicators and reporting. They will be responsible for building strong relationships with Product Management and Enterprise Architecture and look holistically across all in-flight solutions to ensure we are marching down the correct strategic pathways.
Core tasks and responsibilities
Provide cross-cutting vision and leadership in developing and implementing initiatives that drive innovation and transformation across the Pearson Online Classroom ecosystem
- Implement and own best practices related to the creation of solution-design documents that include the proposed solutions, technology components, estimated costs, proposed resources, estimated timelines, technology sequencing, and master end-to-end plan
- Help define and continually refine ways of working with Enterprise Architecture, Software Engineering, and Product Management to ensure strategic alignment and an effective and efficient flow of work
- Collaborate with senior leaders in business and technology to define MVP scope for various initiatives
- Partner with all levels of the organization, including Enterprise Architecture, Product Owners, Business stakeholders, Engineering, DevOps, Agile Facilitation, Management, Production Support, and Site Reliability Engineering to drive product vision and manage scope & expectations in the development of end-to-end solutions
- Actively monitor for time, resources, and scope risks across all solutions and take proactive steps to remediate
- Provide key insights and progress into the status of solution development to senior leadership
- Consult on requests for new technology innovation, weighing in on potential feasibility, size, and scope
- Support frequent reviews of in-flight solutions to stakeholders, management, and leadership
- Provide technical leadership, coaching, and mentoring. Foster a culture of growth and learning among your team and those teams around you
- Work closely with Software Engineering leadership to ensure delivery of complete and consumable solutions
Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and Site Reliability Engineering for all aspects related to integration with other systems, platform strategy, infrastructure design, and cloud resource allocation
Required Skills, Experience, and Competencies
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of supervisory experience in managing and leading teams
- 8+ years of experience in software development, including a minimum of 4+ years ofexperience architecting solutions within a customer-facing web application and 6+ years of experience with .NET Framework and Core development, with a focus on web-related frameworks like ASP.NET WebForms and ASP.NET MVC
- You are a proven leader in detail-oriented, faced paced environments. People listen to you because what you have to say makes sense and is actionable. You have experience with recruiting, hiring, coaching, mentoring and building a solid team
- You are a collaborative thought leader by default. You draw in diverse perspectives, both technical and non-technical, and you can convey technical things in a language your business partners can understand.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in adapting to changing priorities
- Familiar with Azure or equivalent cloud platform, including auto-scaling and global deployments of application architecture.
- 4+ years of experience analyzing business requirements, recommending technical solutions, and writing technical specifications and requirements
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to facilitate interactive sessions with business and technology teams
- Possesses the ability to work well across teams in a cross-functional organization to get things done
- Ability to “connect the dots” when it comes to large system design and understands and solves enterprise-scale technical integration concerns
- Current understanding of best practices regarding design-in security best practices
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS) and Educational Management Systems (EMS) is preferred
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $98,000.00 – $185,00.00. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered can be found on our benefits website: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
ExperienceMore than 5 Years
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (3)
IT Intern, Opportunity At Bharti Airtel Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on December 30, 2022 Internship