Manager (CTeD, IP Contracts)
The Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIE) at Duke-NUS Medical School is responsible for protecting and commercialising inventions made by Duke-NUS researchers, managing collaborations and relationships with other organisations that may result in new products or services that impact patients and communities, and building an ecosystem of entrepreneurship at the Duke-NUS SingHealth Academic Medical Centre.
OIE executes its roles, in part, via the Centre for Technology and Development (CTeD), which is responsible for the identification, protection, development and commercialisation of intellectual property (IP) arising in Duke-NUS. A part of CTeD’s ambit extends to a range of contract negotiations that enable communications and the transfer of materials with other research organisations or commercial entities.
OIE is seeking an Assistant Senior Manager to assist the Director of CTeD. The roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: –
- Establish effective working relationships with scientists in Duke-NUS to understand their research areas and priorities.
- Facilitate the preparation and review of Material Transfer Agreements, Non-disclosure agreements, MOUs and other such agreements as may be required to give effect to the various kinds of IP interactions between researchers and third parties.
- Negotiate the terms of and prepare the required agreements in line with NUS’ policies, interacting with NUS’ Industry Liaison Office and with external law firms where necessary.
- Organise and track case files and perform related administrative functions and database management associated with such contracts.
- Complete other ad hoc tasks as and when requested.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Science and/or Law.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in contracts management, preferably within the field of biomedical/biotechnology.
- Have strong interest in working within the context of a science and technology-rich environment.
- Able to deal with complex business and intra-organisational issues.
- Possess strong analytical abilities with good problem solving and interpersonal skills, as well as proactive and detail-oriented.
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to multitask and handle tight timelines
- Proficient in MS Office applications and particularly fluent within Microsoft Excel environment and MS Office suite of products for frequent data analysis required for presentations and management updates.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- Experience5 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (5)
- HR Intern/Executive Jobs at Third Space Global in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 5, 2023 Full-Time
- HR Internship at STALLION RIDERS (PVT) LTD in Gampaha, Sri Lanka on October 2, 2023 Internship