Manager, UAT, Capital Markets Operations
The UAT Test Manager is responsible for performing full range of activities required for User Acceptance Testing for Capital Market Operations. The role encompasses full responsibility for building and up and lead the team to achieve the UAT testing phase success. The role involves being responsible for defining and following quality gates, resource planning and management, assisting and facilitating issues resolution, ensuring mitigation actions are in place, when required. The role also includes the support of automation framework development, improvement of UAT processes and coordination and control over the teams’ deliverables. The role requires strong financial industry background.
Capital Markets Operations have a range of responsibilities across LSE, Turquoise, FX. These include technical account management, support desks and market operations.
The Market Operations Services team are based in London, providing the centralised function for the maintenance of key trading services and reference data databases. The London team spans the LSE (Equities, Fixed Income and Derivatives) and Turquoise venues (part of the London Stock Exchange Group) as well as FX (FXall and Matching platforms) acting as a first point of contact for customers (both issuers and member firms). The teams co-ordinate the production and dissemination of communications to customers (e.g. Issuers) and key organisations including EUI, CCPs, UKLA and FTSE Russell. Market Operations Services comprises of six key functions – Admissions, Market Management, Equity Operations , Operational Support , UAT and Regulatory Operations, and manages close operational relationships, internally and externally.
The UAT team are part of Market Operations Services, and this role will report to the London based UAT Manager – accountable for UAT across all teams and systems within the Market Operations Services’ remit and responsibility. The team is responsible for delivering user acceptance testing for designated platforms on behalf of all the other Market Operations Services Teams.
Working hours will be 13.30/12.30 – 22.30/21.30 (08.00 – 17.00 UK Time)
What you’ll be doing:
- Have a solid understanding and experience in testing processes.
- Deliver consistent and high quality testing services to support the business and other stakeholders.
- Be able as a Manager drive independent decisions and activities.
- Responsible for the detailed planning of UAT activities, environments planning, resources planning.
- Plan and manage UAT preparation and test activities between offshore SL team and onshore UK stakeholders.
- Develop UAT approach and plans to ensure alignment with product roadmap. and sprint/release plans (resources, training schedule, documentation review, eligibility training, etc.)
- Work closely with product owners and developers to understand user stories and requirements.
- Define and document acceptance criteria, test scripts and tools.
- Maintain communication between end users, stakeholders and offshore teams.
- Ensure business users are involved in testing process and are providing necessary sign offs when required, and that users interests are considered.
- Ensure that there is a repository of test scripts and tools that are cross referenced to business rules and user stories.
- Manage and prioritize defects through resolution and assist developers in the identification and resolution of defects; monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes; compile all test outcomes in an organized manner.
- Ensure user acceptance is delivered for the business services in scope
- Report UAT progress, status, risks, and issues to the Product Owner, project team and other stakeholders.
- Participate in the release control process (when the application is transferred from the build team to the test team) to ensure that solution meets user requirements and all UAT exit criteria are met.
- Control maintenance of the UAT Regression scripts library and lead automation for it.
- Provide recurring status updates on the status of UAT efforts for all releases in progress.
- Develop weekly status reports and present to the respective team.
- Global UAT Test Approach, activities alignment.
- Take independent decisions and be able to proactively work on the project goals.
- Ensure timely sign off of test deliverables.
- Manage and update relevant documentation and perform users support during UAT.
- Organise required tasks for successful UAT start and results delivery.
- Be one of the key points of contact between offshore team and onshore team, stakeholders, project team members.
- Focus on UAT processes, business users support and team support rather than micromanagement and meticulous time control.
- Be able to provide clear overview of the testing status and issues for ongoing projects.
- Support business and stakeholders providing necessary overview of the items going live and their status.
- Solid understanding and experience in QA and testing areas
- Strong team management skills
- Best industry experience in planning, coordination, leading and managing
- Test preparation and execution experience
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles and project phases
- Strong problem solving and good analytical skills (defect analysis and reporting)
- A meticulous and details oriented approach to work
- Ability to use knowledge, logic and reasoning
- Must be a confident team player with good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and support competing priorities
- A strong can-do attitude and approach
- Ability to raise and communicate issues and risks
- Ability to correctly identify audience for project communication
- Attention to details and ability to see and correct mistakes and have growth mindset
- Critical thinking and ability to follow or suggest the right approach to testing processes
- Internal systems – ability to learn quickly
- Proficiency in MS Office products
- Experience in remote working and team management
- Understanding of Trading Systems would be advantageous
- Knowledge of equities, derivatives and LSEG markets beneficial
- Experience in test automation is required
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (701)
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Footage Creations in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at ICP Techno LLC in Sri Lanka (Remote) on November 30, 2022 Part-Time
Senior Java Software Engineer Jobs at FINAP in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
.NET Backend Developer Jobs at APP360 (PVT) Ltd in Sri Lanka (Remote) on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer – React Native Jobs at Rootcode in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at ZinCaT Technology in Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Acceura Solutions in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at H-Connect GBS in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 30, 2022 Full-Time