Manufacturing Supervisor- Night Shift
Background & Purpose of the Job
As a Manufacturing Supervisor you will be leading teams on night shift in the biggest UNILEVER Personal care factory in North America. You will lead teams across the factory during your shift. You will develop teams and deliver through teams. You will champion Factory Operating system practices across all areas of the factory. You will uphold safety as a value in the factory and will ensure compliance to quality is always a priority. You will lead teams to deliver productivity and other business targets through the execution of manufacturing processes.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Drive the Unilever safety systems/culture on the factory floor ensuring compliance to all regulatory, plant safety rules and other programs such as LOTO and risk assessments.
- Drive compliance to quality standards through training, educating teams on the floor as per the existing standards. Ensuring all risks are evaluated and proper support is available to navigate quality concerns during the shift.
- Provide guidance in root cause analysis for quality and safety incidents and establishes countermeasures to mitigate recurrence.
- Drive productivity through execution of factory operating systems in all areas, ensuring resources are directed as per the business priorities/urgency
- Sets and delivers the business targets such as Operational reliability, PM & AM compliance, and operational waste.
- Guide the teams during equipment breakdown, documenting breakdown details, and assigning relevant resources for resolution.
- Sets and delivers plan at shift level to deliver the medium term and long-term business targets.
- Tracks performance indicators such as operational efficiency, changeover losses along with cost, escalates and directs resources as per the priorities.
- Builds capabilities in teams through engagement and ensuring hiring, training and communication is always in place.
- Shares consistent and on time feedback to the teams, ensures the performance, attendance standards are always met.
- Shares and builds development plans for employees when performance gaps are identified through regular performance reviews
- Fosters a culture of positive employee relations, builds capability, recognizes gaps, and acts to help resolve those gaps
- Leads the execution of WCM principles, guidelines on the floor and participates/leads in focused improvement projects.
You’re a leader: Ability to develop teams in dynamic, fast, and complex work environment.
You’re a Culture change champion:Able to adapt quickly and constantly works with multiple teams to deliver best outcome
You win through teams :People, Process, performance is how you deliver targets
You’re a Paradox Navigator:manages multiple workstreams, able to prioritize in the right areas to deliver the needs of the business
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-3 years’ leadership experience in manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and passion for continuous improvement.
- Ability clearly articulate and analyze complex operational details.
- Strong leadership skill, ability to share clear, consistent, accountable, and actionable feedback.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience1 Year
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (6)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Automation Engineer Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Assistant Manager – Quality Assurance Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time