.NET Software Developer
We are responsible for the delivery of nearly 4 million examination results per annum, including A-Level, GCSE, BTEC and T-levels for students in UK and International centres. Our in-house systems process every learner from registration to marking and certification, in a highly regulated business. We currently operate a hybrid estate of predominantly bespoke systems, with an ongoing strategic transformation programme to migrate from on-prem to cloud based, cost effective, scalable and resilient services.
About the job
The position is for a Developer to work on mainly greenfield development projects, building new serverless microservice based cloud applications utilising .NET and hosted within AWS.
Currently we are in the middle of a large programme to migrate from monoliths with large areas of overlapping functionality to a capability-based model, which can scale and adapt to an ever faster changing educational landscape.
We’d expect that you’ll have at least 1 year’s relevant experience working on either the frontend and/or backend, developing solutions that provide real benefit to users, and ideally working in an Agile project delivery environment using Scrum or Kanban, although this is not essential.
Key Skills & Experience
Building backend services and Web APIs utilising .NET
- Working with product owner and business analyst to refine and estimate requirements
- Working with the project managers, product owners and operation team to ensure application are successfully delivered to production
- Providing production support to application
- Skills in backend development with C#
Applying best practices for chosen development platform
Desirable Skills & Experience
.Net Core or later versions
- Building web single page applications using frameworks like React, Angular or Vue
- Applying development methodologies like TDD, CI/CD pipelines, Infrastructure as Code
- Docker and containers
- Designing, developing, and deploying cloud applications
The role is aligned to either our Rotherham or central London offices. Our Rotherham office is located at Junction 1 of the M18, making it commutable from Sheffield, Leeds, Doncaster, Derby or Nottingham.
We have successfully worked from home throughout the pandemic, but have adopted hybrid working now national restrictions are lifted; for this role that means visiting your base office no more than once a week with the possibility of occasional travel to other Pearson sites, however, adjustments to this due to personal circumstances & preferences are possible.
We work a 37.5-hour week, with all our team free to flex their day around our core hours, which are Monday to Friday, 10 to 4 GMT/BST. School runs, etc can be accommodated. Other flexible working patterns can be considered, including part-time working and non-traditional hours. As we regularly work with global teams, particularly in India and the US, there may be the occasional need to accommodate meetings outside of core hours.
For this role there is a requirement to provide occasional out of hours support during business critical periods.
We actively encourage our staff to participate in at least 40 hours of training a year, and offer relevant AWS (Amazon Web Service) training and certification as part of this role.
Your benefits and rewards
Here at Pearson we offer a range of benefits, which include:
- 25 Days annual leave (increasing by 1 day with every year of continuous service up to 30 days); annual leave trading, +/- 5 days
- Annual Bonus
- Private Pension plan scheme where we pay in double what you contribute, up to 16% depending on your age
- Life, private medical and dental care insurance options, plus free eye tests
- Stock/share purchase options
- Maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible working policies
- An employee wellbeing assistance programme
Cycle to work program, volunteering days, gym membership concessions in selected office locations, along with retail and leisure discounts
Diversity and Inclusion at Pearson
We’re committed to equity and opportunity, so that all learners can realise the life they imagine and see themselves in our services and products. We believe learning is a powerful force for change and that diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are. We’re committed to addressing all forms of systematic racism, discrimination and inequality in everything we do.
We also believe in giving everyone in the company the chance to help shape a more inclusive culture, in which everyone feels a sense of belonging and in which everyone acts with integrity day-in, day-out. To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here .
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience. We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process. We are a Stonewall Gold and Top 20 LGBT+ inclusive employer, Investors in People Gold, Race Charter signatory, Disability Confident employer and Working Mums Top Employer.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience1 Year
- QualificationNot Specified
Related Jobs (44)
- Senior Frontend Developer Jobs at Kognitiv Corporation in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- DevOps Application Engineer Jobs at Synopsys Inc in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Data Engineer Jobs at Insighture in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer Internship at Almas Equities in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Internship
- Senior Game Developer Jobs at Matific in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer II Jobs at Zebra Technologies in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer – Java Jobs at Digiratina in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer (iOS) Jobs at Aeturnum in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior DevOps Engineers Jobs at Sysco LABS in Western Province, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior PHP Developer Jobs at Techlabs Global Private Ltd in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time