Network Support Engineer
About the job
Due to rapid growth Exetel is looking to recruit Network Support Engineers to start as soon as possible, to support our customers as part of our broader group operations with Superloop.
Exetel’s Colombo office is in CBD Business Center, Colombo 1 . You will be required to work on an 8 -hour roster basis starting at 3am for five days per week.
The successful applicant will be an individual who is extremely driven to take the company towards success through learning and exceeding customer expectations while taking full advantage of a highly motivated, learning work environment to further their career. The position requires some out of hours work and participation in a rotating on-call roster.
People who succeed at Exetel have the following characteristics:
- IT related degree.
- Thorough experience with configuring and troubleshooting ADSL/Fibre/Mobile broadband modems and routers.
- Excellent communication and customer care skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to learn.
- Patience, courtesy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work hard.
You will work with a group of people who are among the best in the IT and Communications industry that serve Australian consumers and will have good exposure to your IT career.
The responsibilities of this position are as follows but not limited to:
- Exceed customer expectations by providing the best customer service possible.
- Answer calls from end customers related to broadband products and services offered by Exetel.
- Work on end customer emails/faults via a ticketing system related to broadband products and services offered by Exetel.
- Configure/troubleshoot end user ADSL/Fibre/Mobile/Mobile broadband modems and services via call/email.
- Troubleshoot/analyse problem(s) with broadband services of end customers.
- Monitor end user networks through monitoring systems and graphs.
- Work with high level engineers to resolve end customer network faults/outages
- Liaise with Exetel’s wholesale suppliers in resolving service issues raised by end customers.
- Comply with telecom regulatory and compliance issues in Australia when providing end user assistance.
- Liaise with Exetel’s level 2/3 support staff in Australia for resolving advanced network problems/service issues.
Each applicant must exhibit the following:
- IT/Computer Science/Networking related Degree from a recognised University.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding customer care skills to exceed customer expectations.
- Exceptional telephone answering and communication skills.
- 1 to 2 years’ Experience as a Network support engineer.
- Thorough experience with configuring and troubleshooting ADSL/Fibre/Cisco/Mobile broadband modems and routers.
- Should have the following customer care skills: – Active listening, patience, multitasking and the ability to paying attention to ultimate detail.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Capability to make independent decisions to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Capacity to work full on for extended periods of time when required.
- CCNA and any other Cisco certifications will be an advantage.
Remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications but not less than Rs. 90,000
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th June 2022.
- If you have applied unsuccessfully before PLEASE DO NOT APPLY AGAIN.
- Canvassing in any form will be an immediate disqualification.
- No phone enquiries whatsoever will be taken. Only the short listed applicants will be notified.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (9)
Systems Engineer (IDD) [NIE], Opportunity At NTU Main Campus, Singapore. on February 13, 2023 Full-Time
Senior / Cyber Security Engineer, Opportunity At NTU Main Campus, Singapore. on February 10, 2023 Full-Time