Order to Cash Leader
ORDER TO CASH LEAD
Open towards flexible working models
<10% travel (currently none due to Covid-19 restrictions)
A great opportunity becomes available within the Order to Cash team of Tea Export Company – which will serve a large number of distributor markets worldwide.
Unilever’s Tea business will be established as a separate business by July 1, 2021 to ensure the category can best achieve its potential. Unilever’s Tea business is the biggest in the world, with world class purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. As a separate division, the Tea Company will assume responsibility for all geographies and all elements of its value chain, with the exception of the Tea businesses in India and Indonesia and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink joint ventures.
As a standalone entity, the Tea Company (which generated €2 billion revenue in 2019) remains the biggest Tea business in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value. The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers. Beyond the internal separation, future options for the Tea Company – including an initial public offering, a disposal, a demerger or through partnership models – are continued to be assessed. This process is expected to be concluded by the end of 2021.
Tea Export Company
Tea Export Company will be set up as a global team, based primarily out of the Netherlands, to support the local and regional hubs managing Distributor Markets. The role of the Tea Export Company team is to:
- Act as an export company for markets where there is no local transacting legal entity, and provide transactional routing for export transactions between supply markets and distributors – including responsibility for the Order to Cash process;
- Act as a sales and marketing center of excellence to support all distributor markets / managers selling Tea Company products through providing a central point of contact for guidance, templates and best practices (e.g. export/import processes; international shipping; duties, taxes and regulations; and distributor contracts);
- Drive the growth agenda within all distributor markets, by unlocking distributor markets through cross-border expansion of assortment & brands, and unlocking white spaces in terms of consumer groups and channels.
The Tea Export Company (TEC) Order to Cash Specialist will be responsible to support the TEC end-to-end Order to Cash process. This is a unique role, as you will not only drive best-in-class Order to Cash performance but will initially also support the design, implementation and testing of all O2C processes.
As we go through the various phases of separation and standing up a stand-alone Tea Company, the scope of the role will gradually change towards running the business. We are seeking candidates with the desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of the plant-based Tea Company, and the Tea Export Company specifically.
- Ensure best-in-class Order to Cash performance with focus on distributor satisfaction, and cash flow delivery;
- Manage operational issues and exceptions in distributor markets.
Both Day 1 (July 1st) and end state processes will be designed, as well as a smooth transition process to maintain business continuity. As of July 1st TeaCo will have strategic control over the Tea business, but until the transition to the end state Unilever will still provide support through Transitional Service Agreements (TSAs) for many distributor markets and processes.
Task horizon of >2 years.
- Assist with typical project deliverables to implement the interim and end-state TEC processes and tools, such as user acceptance testing, change management with distributors, etc
- Facilitate the onboarding and set up of new distributors, and distributor data changes
- Establish an effective working relationship with the third party service provider and the Distributor Managers to ensure a seamless O2C process
- Ensure distributor satisfaction in alignment with the defined Customer Service strategy
- Manage exceptions and distributor requests relating to Order to Deliver, Claims and Bill to Cash activities
- Execute distributor facing and collaboration activities as defined by the business
- Control and execute credit management and collection activities in collaboration with the third party service provider
- Control and execute customer pricing on- and off-invoice
Key interfaces and relevant stakeholders for this role
- CD Distributor managers located in the markets/region
- Other members of the Tea Export Company O2C team: Order to Cash Lead (line manager, based in the Netherlands), and an Order to Cash specialist based in Malaysia
- You will be part of the broader TEC Finance team, led by the Tea Export Company Controller
- Third party service provider for Order to Cash
- Tea Company Order to Cash process specialists
- Central and regional roles for Finance, Planning, Logistics and Master Data
- Cross-functional collaboration with TEC Sales and Supply Chain functions
- Internal and external temporary resources / advisors supporting the project
The candidate should be comfortable working with virtual teams located in different (mostly European) time zones. You will be co-located with Tea Company colleagues though, as Chile will serve as a hub for LATAM.
Required Knowledge and Experiences
- At least 2 years in-market work experience in Order to Cash operations (e.g. Customer Service, Order Management, Bill to Cash) or a related role (e.g. CD Operations, Planning, Trade Terms Management)
- Good SAP user knowledge
- Order to Cash process and systems experience
- Familiar with Financial and Supply Chain transactional processes
- A degree in CD, Finance, Supply Chain or an Order to Cash related function
- Experience working with distributors, and/or familiarity with global export processes is a big advantage
- Preferably experience working with third party service providers
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Customer service mindset
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated, working independently
- Comfortable working in a fast changing environment
- Team player
- Business thinking
Excited about the role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience2 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (9)
- Management Accountant Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Group Taxation Jobs at MAS Holdings in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Product Specialist – Pricing Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Finance Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Finance Executive Jobs at John Keells Information Technology in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time