Payroll and Finance Officer
About the job
Bayswater Education is a vibrant network of global educational centres dedicated for over 70 years to educate and inspire global people through a life-changing educational experience. We’re passionate about growing communities of global thinkers and explorers, at home and abroad – whatever their story. We set up Bayswater Education because we want young people from every walk of life to get a buzz from discovering new cultures, exploring new flavours, and learning what’s out there. We think of them as global spirits, like ourselves.
Designed for today’s young people, our network of centers offers a chance to learn valuable vocational skills, inspire life-changing experiences and teach them the value of giving back. For every week of tuition that a student studies with us, we give a week of education to underprivileged people from where our students are recruited.
Bayswater Education offers:
- High Quality Language Courses in 10 year-round locations across 5 countries – UK, France, South Africa, Cyprus & Canada and comprises
- Career-focused Short Courses for Generation Z in London, Paris and Online like Digital Marketing or Fashion – Bayswater College bayswater.ac
- Leading Summer Camps within 9 locations across UK, Cyprus & Canada – Bayswater Summer bayswatersummer.com
Due to rapid growth, we’re seeking for an energetic and self-driven Payroll & Finance Officer to join our growing Finance Team.
This is a hybrid role, based in Cyprus, but will support finance operations globally.
We are looking for a Payroll & Finance Officer to support our global reporting Finance team with the day-to-day activities and with the UK payroll.
The ideal candidate will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will embrace and be able to consider new and better ways to do things, cultivate and care for our own internal community, keep an open mind and an open door and inspire exploration, discovery and experience.
- Gather and process the information required to run the UK Payroll;
- Collect, update, and review payroll information;
- Calculate salaries;
- Cooperate with outsourced payroll companies and Line Managers in order to provide reliable payroll information;
- Complete payroll administration duties;
- Apply changes to employee personal payroll records;
- Perform bank reconciliations on multi-currency bank accounts;
- Post invoices on the accounting software and month ends journals;
- Support the Finance Manager in preparing the annual budgets on a school-by-school basis and on a departmental basis;
- Update cash outflow forecasts on a weekly basis;
- Identify processes that can be improved and come up with better practices; and
- Build and maintain great working relationships with all the departments.
- Excellent communication in English both written and verbal;
- Resilient with a flexible, “can-do” approach to work;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related to the field;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential for this role;
- ACCA (or equivalent) qualified or part qualified will be considered an advantage;
- 1-2 years of experience in a finance department will be considered an advantage;
- QuickBooks online and/or Sage working experience will be considered an advantage;
- A team player and able to build rapport and engage with a diverse range of people;
- A methodical and cheerful approach to work with attention to detail;
- Able to work well with others and under pressure;
- Eligibility to live and work in Cyprus.
What we offer:
- Hybrid and flexible work model
- Competitive remuneration package based on qualifications & experience;
- Learning and development opportunities;
- Career growth opportunities internally inside fast-growing company;
- Warm and friendly work environment;
- Corporate & Team building activities;
- Working with a high-performance multicultural team of professionals;
- Regular online networking and cross-departmental meetings with the Bayswater team based all over the world.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
Related Jobs (73)
Senior Accountant Jobs at Mobizz Elite in Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time
Accountant Jobs at tgl.travel in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Full-Time