Ph.D Research fellowship in Computational Engineering
Technology, Department of Energy Resources.This is a trainee position that will give promising researchers an opportunity for academic development through a PhD education leading to a doctoral degree.The hired candidate will be admitted to the PhD program in Science and Technology. The education includes relevant courses to about six months of study, a dissertation based on independent research, participation in national and international research environments, relevant academic communication, a trial lecture and public defence. Read more about the PhD education at UiS on our website.The appointment is for three years with research duties exclusively
*We are looking for applicants with a strong academic background who have completed a five-year master degree (3+2) within physics, applied mathematics, fluid mechanics, chemical engineering, preferably acquired recently; or possess corresponding qualifications that could provide a basis for successfully completing a doctorate.
*The applicants need to document good knowledge of a programming language, preferentially C, C++ or Python, and experience with CFD simulation software.
*To be eligible for admission to the doctoral programmes at the University of Stavanger both the grade for your master’s thesis and the weighted average grade of your master’s degree must individually be equivalent to or better than a B grade.
*Applicants with an education from an institution with a different grade scale than A-F, and/or with other types of credits than sp/ECTS, must attach a confirmed conversion scale that shows how the grades can be compared with the Norwegian A-F scale and a Diploma Supplement or similar that explains the scope of the subject that are included in the education. You can use these conversion scales to calculate your points for admission.
Emphasis is also placed on your:
- motivation and potential for research within the field
- professional and personal skills for completing the doctoral degree within the timeframe
- ability to work independently and in a team, be innovative and creative
- ability to work structured and handle a heavy workload
- having a good command of both oral and written English
- A ‘PhD’ education in a large, exciting and socially important organisation
- an ambitious work community which is developing rapidly. We strive to include employees at all levels in strategic decisions and promote an informal atmosphere with a flat organisational structure.
- salary in accordance with the State Salary Scale, l.pl 17.515, code 1017, NOK 491 200 gross per year with salary development according to seniority in the position. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which provides favourable insurance- and retirement benefits
- favourable membership terms at a gym and at the SIS sports club at campus
- employment with an Inclusive Workplace organisation which is committed to reducing sick leave, increasing the proportion of employees with reduced working capacity, and increasing the number of professionally active seniors
- “Hjem-jobb-hjem” discounted public transport to and from work
- as an employee in Norway, you will have access to an optimal health service, as well as good pensions, generous maternity/paternity leave, and a competitive salary. Nursery places are guaranteed and reasonably priced
- relocation programme
- language courses: On this page you can see which language courses you may be entitled to (look up “language courses” under employment conditions)
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)