PhD Fellow in Artificial Intelligence and Society: Science and Technology Studies
About the project
The objective of the work package ‘AI in Society’ is to provide a better understanding of the sociomaterial transformations with the development, prototyping and implementation of AI technologies in various sectors, including transportation and media. The project will examine the formation of AI issues and knowledges, devices and procedures (such as predictive modeling, digital twins, automation), the social shaping of AI technologies, and related infrastructures. This will be done through selected case studies of AI technologies and by studying ongoing standardization processes of Standard Norge, EU, and OECD.
- Applicants must hold a two-year Master’s degree (or equivalent qualifications) and meet the formal requirements for admittance to the Faculty’s PhD program.
- The Master’s degree must be of high quality and within a specialization of relevance to STS research on AI. The project’s interdisciplinary approach makes a variety of academic backgrounds potentially interesting, including Science and Technology Studies (STS), Social Studies of Computing, Big Data and AI Systems, Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), Innovation Studies, Social Anthropology and other interdisciplinary combinations across the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Applicants must document experience with and/or a well-described interest in the field of STS. In addition, applicants must document experience with a minimum of one of the following research methods: ethnography, document analysis, interviews.
- Experience with praxeographic fieldwork is an advantage as well as knowledge of social studies of computing, or computational anthropology.
- Salary NOK 491 200 – 534 400 per year, – depending on qualifications.
- An academically stimulating working environment.
- The possibility of undertaking a prolonged international mobility stay.
- Attractive welfare benefits including excellent benefits for families (kindergarten, paid paternal/maternal leave etc) and a generous pension agreement. In addition, Oslo offers a family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities in its immediate surroundings.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)
Related Jobs (5)
- Human Resources Internship at Huawei in Colombo, Sri Lanka on August 25, 2023 Internship
- Human Resources Internship at Mind Plusin Colombo, Sri Lanka on August 21, 2023 Internship
- Software Engineer Jobs at Life at Enadoc in Colombo, Sri Lanka on July 28, 2023 Internship