PhD Research Fellow in Informatics – Knowledge Representation and Machine Learning.
About the project/work tasks:
All employees are expected to contribute to excellence through high quality research and teaching. The working environment for this position will be at the Machine Learning and the Algorithms research groups.
The person appointed in this position will develop new strategies for discovering rules encoded in neural network models and represent them as an ontology formulated in description logic or a related formalism in knowledge representation.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree or equivalent education in computer science or related areas. Master students can apply provided they complete their final master exam before 31.12.2021. It is a condition of employment that the master’s degree has been awarded.
- Experience in computational logic is a requirement.
- Experience in description logic is an advantage.
- Applicants must be able to work independently and in a structured manner and demonstrate good collaborative skills.
- Applicants must be proficient in both written and oral English.
- Personal and relational qualities will be emphasized. Ambitions and potential will also count when evaluating the candidates.
About the PhD position:
About the PhD Research Fellow
The fellowship will be for a period of 3 years, with the possibility for a 4th year, consisting of 25 % compulsory work (e.g. teaching responsibilities at the department) distributed over the employment period. The 4th year is contingent on the qualifications of the candidate and the teaching needs of the department and will be decided by the head of department upon appointment.
The employment period may be reduced if you have previously been employed in a qualifying post (e.g. research fellow, research assistant).
About the research training
As a PhD Research Fellow, you must participate in an approved educational programme for a PhD degree within a period of 3 years. The deadline for applying for admission to the PhD programme at The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences is 2 months after you start your position or after the start of the research project that will lead to the PhD degree. It is a condition that you satisfy the enrolment requirements for the PhD programme at the University of Bergen.
We can offer:
- A good and professionally stimulating working environment
- Salary at pay grade 54 (Code 1017/Pay range 20, alternative 10) in the state salary scale. This constitutes a gross annual salary of NOK 491 200, -. Further promotions are made according to length of service in the position.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)