The Department of Physics of Utah State University invites applications for a two-year postdoctoral research position in theoretical high energy and gravitational physics, broadly understood. Areas of particular interest include, but are not limited to, string theory, quantum field theory and black hole physics. The position will start in September 1, 2022.
Candidates should be in possession of a PhD in Theoretical Physics or related disciplines. They should be highly motivated individuals with strong research credentials and a proven track record of previous contributions to the field. They should possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in a research team environment. Previous experience in analytic computation software is desirable. Teaching opportunities at the upper undergraduate or graduate levels may be available.
Members of the theoretical high energy physics/gravity physics group at Utah State University include Maria J. Rodriguez, Charles Torre, Oscar Varela and James Wheeler. The group maintains close links with the Department of Mathematics.
65% – Assisting the research efforts of Assistant Professor O. Varela, as laid down in the Project Description of NSF grant PHY-2014163
* Developing specific models of the AdS/CFT correspondence
* Performing computations in supergravity and string theory
25% – Develop presentations and publications
5% – Service (e.g. refereeing publications, student committees)
5% – Teaching
- PhD in Theoretical Physics or related disciplines.
- Experience in working on recent models in black hole physics, string theory, or high energy physics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a research team.
- Previous experience working in higher-dimensional black holes and the AdS/CFT correspondence.
- Expertise in analytic computation software like Mathematica or Maple.
- History of previous research funding success.
- Previous teaching experience.
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Resume to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Resume/CV”
2. Three Letters of recommendation to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Documents 1-5”
3. Cover Letter to be to be typed/pasted into a text box at the end of application.
4. Research Statement to be typed/pasted into a text box at the end of application.
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (5)
- HR Intern/Executive Jobs at Third Space Global in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 5, 2023 Full-Time
- HR Internship at STALLION RIDERS (PVT) LTD in Gampaha, Sri Lanka on October 2, 2023 Internship