Postdoctoral Research Associate – Electrical & Computer Engineering
General Summary of Position:
Dr. Yuzhang Lin’s research group in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Lowell (UML) seeks a Post-Doctoral Research Associate with extensive experience on power-electronics-dominated power grids.
Essential Job Duties:
1) Develop dynamic models for inverter-based resources
2) Develop state and parameter estimation algorithms for inverter-based resources
3) Apply advanced machine learning techniques to the modeling and monitoring of inverter-based resources
4) Validate developed technologies in real-time power grid simulator
5) Participate in group meetings and project meetings to present results
6) Complete project reports, publish research outcomes, and assist funding proposal writing
7) Supervise graduate students
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- A PhD degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- Applicants are expected to have rich experience with modeling, monitoring, control, and simulation of grid-connected inverter-based resources and power grids
- Applicants should have excellent academic writing skills, oral presentation skills, and teamwork skills
- Knowledge or experience on power system dynamics, estimation theory, or machine learning could be a plus
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for one year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity, successful performance and the availability of funding. The anticipated hire date and length of contract 11/15/2021 – 11/14/2022.
Please include a CV with detailed information of all degrees earned, working experience, publications, and software/hardware skills (upload into one file) and a cover letter with transcripts of all degrees with certificate of the highest degree (i.e., PhD degree) (upload into one file) with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (4)
- Software Engineer Internship at Almas Equities in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Internship
- Marketing Internship at Finetech Consultancy in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 12, 2024 Internship
- QA Internship at Sydpro – Sri Lanka in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on February 12, 2024 Internship