Postdoctoral Researcher or Research Assistant in Digital Health
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher or research assistant to work on a Horizon 2020 funded project SEURO (Scaling EUROpean citizen driven transferable and transformative digital health). The SEURO project will build on the successful Horizon 2020 project ProACT which developed and trialled the ProACT digital health platform – designed to support older adults with multiple chronic conditions to self-manage their health and wellbeing. The successful candidate will lead a work package related to the trialling of the platform with older adults, their carers and healthcare professionals in a pragmatic-RCT.
For more information on the SEURO project, see here
The successful candidate will join a well-established multidisciplinary research and development team based in Dundalk Institute of Technology working on applied age-friendly health and wellbeing technology solutions to support older adults. NetwellCASALA works closely with members of the community, health services, industry and academic partners to actively translate ideas into practical solutions that improves the lives of older people and those who care for them, whilst also creating new business opportunities and informing public policies. Research staff within the centre are encouraged and supported in contributing to and writing research grants. Staff also have access to a wide array of training courses within DkIT to support career progression
The successful candidate will collaborate with EU partners on the SEURO project. They will be required to attend project meetings, contribute to project reports and deliverables for the European Commission and disseminate the research through academic publications and presentations.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Conduct requirements gathering and co-design workshops with older people with multiple chronic conditions and related stakeholders.
- Contribute to design activities for the ProACT digital health platform
- Contribute to the development of a behaviour change framework to maximise user engagement and scalability of the ProACT platform.
- Lead a work package related to evaluating the platform in a pragmatic-RCT. The successful candidate will lead activities around trial preparation, recruitment, protocols and methodologies and will be responsible for managing the trial in Ireland.
- Conduct qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Lead / contribute to reports and publications on the research programme.
- Attend project meetings with SEURO partners.
- Undertake any other related research activities as required.
- Hold a PhD (for a postdoctoral position) or Masters degree (for a research assistant position) or have equivalent experience in Digital Health, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology or a related discipline.
- Evidence of a strong publication track record in line with experience.
- Experience in conducting user research e.g. conducting interviews, focus groups, co-design workshops, usability testing.
- Experience in running and managing trials.
- Experience in qualitative data analysis.
- Skills in both verbal and written communication, including proficiency in academic writing and public presentations.
- Works proactively and demonstrates enthusiasm for research and a desire for career progression.
- Ability to lead a research project.
- A full clean driving license is necessary for trial-related activities
- Experience in conducting and evaluating home-based studies of digital health technology.
- Experience in working with older adults.
- Experience working on collaborative / European projects.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelStudent
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationMaster's Degree(M.Sc.)