Professor/Associate Professor of Molecular Metabolism (Non-clinical)
ACADEMIC FACULTY APPOINTMENT: The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) is a medical school in one of Asia’s leading and top young global universities, the Nanyang Technological University Singapore. Together with our healthcare partner, the National Healthcare Group, that oversees a population of close to 2,000,000 people in central Singapore, we are committed and steadfast in our education, research, and clinical missions with an overarching vision of redefining medicine and transforming healthcare. The Nutrition, Metabolism and Health research programme within LKCMedicine represents of the five strategic research pillars, the seeks to alleviate metabolic diseases through research excellence.
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic faculty member to be part of the Nutrition, Metabolism and Health research programme in the role of Full Professor (Non-Clinical) of Molecular Metabolism. The appointee is expected to conduct research that pertains to all metabolic health aspects relating to either one of the following; obesity, diabetes, fatty liver disease, gallstones and/or cardiovascular disease. The appointee is expected to undertake internationally competitive research that sets the programme apart from leading institutes on Metabolic Health, with preferably an Asian centric understanding of aetiology, pathophysiology and novel interventions/ treatments. The appointee is also expected to contribute to education commitments, on top of the overarching research strategy and any other duties assigned by the Vice Dean, Research and Dean of LKCMedicine.
- The appointee will be expected to undertake high quality research in the area of metabolic health pertaining to either endocrinology, obesity, oncology, diabetes, fatty liver disease, gallstones and/or hepatology, cardiovascular disease, which are in line with the research strategy of LKCMedicine, and in conjunction with other recent appointments, obtain research funding and supervise research staff and students.
- The appointee is expected to undertake teaching and educational responsibilities for the training of medical students and postgraduate research students/ medical students. Teaching methods will include extensive use of team-based learning and e-learning pedagogical tools.
- The appointee is expected to contribute to integration of the science relating to Nutrition, Metabolism and Health into the curriculum and to ensure the delivery of excellence in these areas, including the team-based delivery of the curriculum.
- Undertake high quality research activities by sustaining a personal research plan, developing innovative research proposals and funding bids, managing and undertaking research activities, publishing in international peer reviewed journals, reviewing manuscripts and grant applications when appropriate.
- Seek competitive grant and collaborative industry funding to develop a sustainable research programme.
- Contribute to, support and develop teaching and educational activity at undergraduate level.
- Contribute to, support and develop teaching and educational activity at graduate level and supervise graduate students.
- Develop and support research projects (including interdisciplinary) with other faculty in the field of Nutrition, Metabolism and Health at LKCMedicine and across the wider NTU community.
- Participate in academic committees and other administrative requirements as appropriate.
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the appointee may be required to undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities as assigned by the Vice Dean, Research and Dean.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- MBBS/MD and/or PhD
- Relevant management experience
- Significant experience and outstanding, world-class track record in research and teaching with a high level of scientific achievement, productivity and impact in the field of Molecular Metabolism, Nutrition and/ or Diabetes Research
Management and Teamwork:
- Ability to lead and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work co-operatively with medical and non-medical staff
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior faculty members, research staff
Communicating and Influencing:
- Collaborative and able to build and sustain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students
- Ability to motivate others
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Proven track record in international research.
- Proven track record of leadership and driving change.
- Recognises the importance of translating research findings into clinical practice and policy.
- Fully conversant with patient-centred approach to modern medicine and the use of new technologies in both education and patient care.
- In-depth understanding of the academic and administrative needs of internationally recognised universities.
- Ability to work in and develop teams and to create networks at both a national and international level.
The level of effort for this appointment is at 1.0 full time equivalent (FTE) employment.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (135)
Graphic Designing Internship at Dilmah Tea in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Internship