Program Manager, Infrastructure Capacity, Youtube
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience leading cross-functional programs for consumer-facing products.
- 5 years of experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Experience with distributed systems and architecture, and systems integration.
- Master’s degree, MBA or advanced degree in a related field.
- Experience and insights in data center Infrastructure planning and/or operations.
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following areas: video technologies, network capacity planning, compute/storage infrastructure.
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
About the job
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers. Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage various Engineering-specific programs and teams.
In this role, you will lead the team responsible for planning and procuring machine and network capacity to enable Youtube’s growth needs while contributing to the financial objectives of the business. You will partner across cross-functional stakeholders within Youtube, other internal teams, and Google’s Technical Infrastructure organization. As a Program Manager, you’ll lead execution efforts for projects or programs that span multiple organizations and product areas.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders across functions, to develop program goals and prioritization as a leader or stakeholder, define program roadmaps and workstreams, and drive decisions on prioritizing goals and deliverables.
- Lead efforts to track all key metrics pertaining to a program, monitor potential metric deviations, and propose corrective actions for critical deviations.
- Define key program metrics based on technical or program needs, lead cross-functional teams, and drive action to ensure program success. Develop, delegate, and lead corrective actions to address organizational challenges.
- Lead strategic programs, and act as an authority in the domain to guide leadership on making decisions to advancing product/program excellence.
- Identify, communicate, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders across functions to drive impact and work toward mutual goals.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
ExperienceMore than 5 Years
INDUSTRYComputer and technology