Research Assistant, Department of Ophthalmology
The National University of Singapore invites applications for position of Research Assistant in the Department of Ophthalmology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on a 1 year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the clinical trials and assigned research projects on time. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as recruitment, data collection, data entry and analysis.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Assistant will:
- Working under the PI, he/she is responsible for conducting the study in accordance with HSA, DSRB and hospital regulations.
- Support Research Manager in developing study budget, verifying procedure costs, monthly invoicing, account management, and regulatory paperwork.
- Submitting regulatory documents to IRB and Sponsor
- Provide the clinical study documentations and study team certification records to sponsors
- Ensure all research agreement and NDA if applicable are in order
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Attending investigator meeting(s)
- Preparing for study initiation
- Obtaining study team signatures
- Screening and scheduling subjects
- Getting voluntary subject consent
- Recruiting subjects
- Teaching subjects about protocol expectations for them
- Performing study/protocol procedures in a detailed, accurate manner
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintaining study files
- Tracking and maintaining the study budget and payments, including invoicing the sponsor for completed work
- Tracking subjects, avoiding lost-to-follow-up
- Documenting an adverse event
- Processing and shipping purchases of raw materials for prototyping
- Maintaining communication and correspondence (by telephone, email, fax, etc.) with subjects, sponsor, monitor and other site study personnel, including: IRB, DSRB, OSHE etc.
The applicant should:
- Have a basic good degree in either BSc / BEng / BA; preferably with some experience in research;
- Able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- Have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. statistical software (SPSS, Stata, R, etc) , Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc); and
- Preferably have basic understanding of computer programming or mobile application design.
- Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Related Jobs (140)
Human Resources Internship at Baker Tilly in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 21, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at KochaSoft in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 21, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at 3axislabs in Jaffna, Sri Lanka on March 15, 2023 Internship