Work type: Full-time
Location: Canberra, ACT
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT) offers a flexible, friendly working environment that is well-resourced and delivers research-informed education as part of its accredited, globally recognised engineering and computing degrees to its undergraduate students. SEIT offers programs in electrical, mechanical, aeronautical, and civil engineering as well as in aviation, information technology and cyber security to graduates and professionals who will be Australia’s future technology decision makers.
The successful candidate will work within the Hypersonics Research Group at UNSW Canberra developing methodologies to optimise the shape of high-speed vehicles under a range of mission constraints. This will require the implementation and performance of rigorous simulation of these designs to determine their aerodynamic performance.
The candidate will also assist in the validation of these design predictions using experimental wind tunnel testing. This work will be undertaken in close collaboration with the Defence Science & Technology Group.
About the Role:
*Role: Research Associate in Hypersonic Vehicle Design
*Salary: Academic Level A $78,890- $105, 185 plus 17% Superannuation
*Term: Full-time Fixed-term appointment 12 months
About the Successful Applicants
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a demonstrated ability to perform shape optimisation and/or aerodynamic simulations.
- Have a demonstrated ability to conduct innovative and independent research and a record of publishing papers in high quality journals and/or conferences of high ranking in the field.
- Have an appropriate PhD in Engineering or Science specialising in high-speed flow, shape optimisation, aerodynamic simulation or a relevant area / discipline.
- Be an Australian Citizen, and able to obtain & maintain an NV1 security clearance.
In your application you should systematically address the Skills and Experience outlined in the Position Description.
To view the Position Description – please ensure that you allow pop-ups for Jobs@UNSW Portal.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake pre-employment checks prior to commencement in this role. The checks that will be undertaken are listed in the Position Description. You will not be required to provide any further documentation or information regarding the checks until directly requested by UNSW.
The position is located in Canberra, ACT. The successful candidate will be required to work from the UNSW Canberra campus. To be successful you will hold Australian Citizenship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
For further information about UNSW Canberra, please visit our website: UNSW Canberra
Prof Andrew Neely, Associate Dean (Research Engagement)
P: 0411 302 336
Applications Close: Sunday, 17 October 2021, 11:30 PM
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)