Research Associate, Synthetic Biology
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Associate position in the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Programme, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
Purpose of the post
The Research Associate (RA) will be responsible to A/Prof Matthew Chang and work with a team of researchers. The research project revolves around applied synthetic biology and focuses on phage genome engineering, phage display, and directed evolution.
Main duties and responsibilities
The RA is expected to:
- Take part in one or more research projects, execute experiments, and assimilate results;
- Solve scientific problems, think independently, and suggest creative solutions.
Qualifications The applicant should:
- Hold a Master’s degree in biochemistry or biotechnology;
- Have knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular biology, biotechnology, biological science, or bioinformatics;
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, and be attentive to details;
- Be passionate about science, self-motivated, naturally take ownership of assignments, and proactively propose solutions to arising obstacles.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Mageswari, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal application: Please submit your application supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, and complete list of publications/oral presentations) by 17 January 2022.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified