Research Fellow, Cancer Vaccine Development
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Fellow Cancer Vaccine Development” in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Department is internationally recognized for research in microbiology (virology, bacteriology, protistology, and anti-infectives) and immunology (vaccine development, immune cell signalling, cancer immunology, antibody engineering and atherosclerosis research). A prominent area of strength is in the translational research of cancer and viral vaccines.
This position is part of a 4-year NMRC-funded OFIRG project on autoimmunity and cancer vaccine development.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow (RF) will work closely with the Principal Investigator on two of the three specific aims specified in an NMRC grant including:
- the optimization of an ex vivo PBMC-based cancer vaccine platform for commercialization;
- the evaluation of cancer vaccine candidates in mouse cancer models.
- The project is based a a patented adjuvant technology by the Principal Investigator. The research fellow will also be responsible for the preparation of manuscripts and new patent drafts with the Principal Investigator.
Additional duties and responsibilities
The Research Fellow will also be involved in:
- the mentoring of undergraduate students and fresh PhD students;
- communicating and working with collaborating laboratories;
- supporting the Principal Investigator in grant applications.
The applicants should:
- Hold a PhD degree in biomedicine, biomaterials, or basic life sciences, preferably with experience in immunological and/or cancer research;
- Be able to work well in a team but have also developmed a good level of independence in project management;
- Have good skills in literature coverage, analyses, and communication with the team.
We are looking for a biomedical researcher with the ambition to achieve research leadership in the academia or the industry. Interested candidates should submit their CV with the names and contact details of two references
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (87)
Assistant Project Coordinator, Vacancies At SAS Creative, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Assistant Manager MIS, Vacancies At Janashakthi Life, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Intern – Talent Management (HR), Vacancies At 99x, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 29, 2022 Internship
Sales Intern, Vacancies At AXYYA DIGITAL, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 29, 2022 Internship
Digital Marketing Intern, Vacancies At Aakarsha Global, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 29, 2022 Internship
Marketing Intern, Vacancies At iTek Solutions, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 29, 2022 Internship
Digital Marketing Intern, Vacancies At Blacbox, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 29, 2022 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at SGIC in Jaffna, Sri Lanka on November 29, 2022 Internship