Research Fellow/Engineer (Kingpost High Performance Steel) – PDL2
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to contribute to an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research to develop a smart and efficient plunge-in king post system with a design for manufacture and assembly (DfMA) approach for top-down construction projects. These will use high performance steel (HPS) sections to reduce the section weight. The installation is to be guided by a smart and efficient positioning and verticality control system deploying MEMS technology based on PC or tablets.
• Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
• Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
i Conduct tests and simulations to develop a safe and efficient specification for factory and site welding of high strength steel sections.
ii Help in the development of the locating device to partially automate the installation process.
• Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
• Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
• Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Have relevant competence in the areas of steel material design and welding technology. The ability to use finite element software such as Abaqus of Ls-Dyna would also be advantageous.
• Have a degree in civil engineering or related disciplines. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous
• Knowledge of electronic circuit design will be advantageous
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified