Research Fellow (Medical Informatics), [LKCMedicine}
The Centre for Biomedical Informatics at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine in collaboration with Tan Tock Seng Hospital is seeking a Research Fellow in the area of Medical Informatics (related to clinical research in the field of ocular inflammation). The Centre for Biomedical informatics is supporting the data analytics for the Ocular Autoimmune Systemic Inflammatory and Infectious (OASIS) program from the Eye Institute, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, National Healthcare Group.
The candidate will help run the program of OASIS and drive collaborations with various research groups and initiatives within the school by delivering high quality computational analyses for a wide spectrum of clinical biological data. The candidate will also engage in the management of research data.
- OASIS data analysis:
- To elucidate the spectrum of uveitis diagnosis and management across the various geographical regions of the world.
- To develop standardized approaches to diagnosis and management of uveitic disease, prognosticate visual outcomes and ocular comorbidities, and offer recommendations for treatment protocols.
- To propose digital tools for unifying the diagnosis and management of ocular inflammatory diseases.
- Communication with clinician and researchers to understand biological problems
- Translate the biological problems to actionable computational analysis plans
- Execution of analysis plans and its subsequent interpretation
- Generate data and analysis reports and communicate them to researchers
- Management of the collaboration research data to ensure compliance to data policies
- Development of computational methods and systems in support of the research activities
- Survey, evaluation and report of current computational methodologies to ensure methods employed are up to date, relevant and best in class
- A MD/PhD degree in Ophthalmology with background knowledge of Bioinformatics or similar field
- Experience with working with clinical/biological data
- Good communication skills to communicate with life science/medical researchers to understand biological problems and communicate analytical results
- Customer focused approach to collaboration
- Ability to translate biological problems to data-science/computational problems/digital solutions
- Ability to learn coding in a programming language to solve computational problems
- Awareness of computational infrastructure and its upkeep and its application.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and set priorities
- Willingness to provide training to staff and students in the area of ocular inflammation and bioinformatics
- Keen interest in the field of ocular inflammation, data science and willingness to try new methods and improve on existing ones
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (136)
Human Resources Internship at Baker Tilly in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 22, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 21, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at KochaSoft in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 21, 2023 Internship
Software Engineer Internship at 3axislabs in Jaffna, Sri Lanka on March 15, 2023 Internship
Human Resources Internship at Echelon in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 8, 2023 Internship