Sales: Internship Opportunities
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passion, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Imagine yourself as a Microsoft intern. Join Microsoft today and help us innovate and shape the business of tomorrow.
We’re a company of learn-it-alls rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
- Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Sales intern roles, including but not limited to, those described below:
Solution Area Specialist
As a Solution Area Specialist, you identify our customers’ challenges and solve them through the latest software and services solutions. You will be our customers’ trusted consultant, thoroughly evaluating the health of their IT platforms and development environments and diagnosing areas for improvement. Your solutions drive measurable value, helping customers run their businesses more cost-effectively and efficiently and giving them a competitive edge in their marketplace.
- Positions Microsoft solutions in competitive landscape through research and collaboration utilizing industry expertise to differentiate Microsoft solutions.
- Identifies market and customer needs and collaborates with internal teams to devise solutions to meet those needs.
- Develops and manages pipeline for territory and forecasts resource needs.
- Meets with customers on site to deepen relationships and solution development.
As an Account Management, you are the main connection point between Microsoft and our customers., You provide strategic business leadership partnering with leaders in your customers’ organizations to align their business transformation agenda with digital solutions that can help them better engage customers, optimize operations, transform products, and shift their business models. Account Executive roles are an incredible opportunity to learn, experience and ultimately drive all aspects of the client relationship, sales pursuit, and customer success lifecycles.
- Builds connections with executives and business and technical decision makers in the assigned accounts to establish trust and credibility in future interactions.
- Develops an understanding of the customer’s industry and top priorities and current transformational strategies for assigned accounts.
- Develops value-proposition presentations (e.g., with the use of business cases) and specialized business plans for customers that drive business outcomes to generate business and upsells.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders on business planning for assigned accounts and sets strategic priorities.
As a Channel Sales role is key to Microsoft’s channel management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization. The Channel Sales is the Azure Partner Ecosystem specialist, curating and connecting to our customers, an ecosystem of partners with the best of breed solutions driving growth in customer acquisition, consumption & usage in assigned territory. The Channel Sales will need to orchestrate with individuals across a multitude of roles, ranging from the Customer Program Manager to understand the market opportunities and the strategy to capitalize, Partner Development Managers & Partner Marketing Advisors to drive alignment & execution with our scale partners, Partner Channel Marketing Managers for breadth partners enablement and activation and with the Inside Sales Demand Response and Specialist Teams to connect our partners to customers.
- Accountable to drive new customer acquisition, incremental customer revenue, consumed revenue and success through partner impact.
- Partner with the Customer Program Manager, Partner Development Teams, and Partner Marketing Teams to drive channel activation, with a focus on growing Partner Reach.
- Improve partner sales velocity by ensuring partners are aware of resources and programs available to them to alleviate any friction points.
- Ensure channel execution readiness by leading enablement and activation activities in partnership with the Partner Marketing Advisors.
- Grow partner ecosystem by surfacing customer wins for partner sell with evidence
As SMB Sales, you will lead strategy, execution planning, execution landing and rhythm of business for Microsoft’s SMB business and be the SMB customer advocate across the organization. You will work with a v-team of key business partners from the partner, products and services, marketing, and operations teams. As a member of this v-team, you will help drive alignment on the SMB strategy via the development of a holistic SMB business plan, and ensure always on execution with the right level of investments to address SMB customer needs and accelerate their digital transformation.
- Identifying growth opportunities, defining strategies, prioritizing sales plays, execute the go-to-market execution plan, identifying channel capacity needs and securing necessary investments to ensure Microsoft realizes its full SMB growth potential
- Collaborate across key business partners such as Channel Partner, Product and Commercial Marketing, Inside Sales, Sales Excellence, Finance, etc. The SMB Customer Program Manager is an effective and efficient collaborator able to drive alignment, execution, and results via extended v-teams.
- Responsible for supplementing global data with local insights to optimize for customer lifetime value through acquisition, retention and growth strategies leveraging scalable routes to market.
- Currently pursuing or have completed bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Strong desire and business acumen for consultative solution selling
- Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
- English Language Proficiency basic or intermediate (JA is not included)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelEntry Level
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (21)
- Sales Executive Jobs at Paint and Paper (Pvt) Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 5, 2023 Full-Time
- HR Intern/Executive Jobs at Third Space Global in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 5, 2023 Full-Time
- Merchandiser – Bulk Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 4, 2023 Full-Time
- HR Internship at STALLION RIDERS (PVT) LTD in Gampaha, Sri Lanka on October 2, 2023 Internship