SaT VME Intern
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Strategy and Transaction (SaT) works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within SaT include Transactions and Corporate Finance (TCF) – that will bring together Transaction Diligence (TD), Valuation, Modeling and Economics (VME), and Lead Advisory (LA). Uniquely, SaT brings together a world-class strategy practice in EY-Parthenon, an unmatched Transactions and Corporate Finance (TCF) capability and the deep Tax expertise delivered via International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS). Given the longstanding and deep relationships of these competencies with our clients, our sub-service lines will allow our practice to drive further growth to an already successful practice and continue to be key drivers of innovation within our business.
VME practices are the means by which we continue to bring our deep financial, economics and analytics skills to bear in order to support our clients with better decision-making involving transactions, funding capital expansion and optimizing capital efficiency (such as capital allocation to help adjust risk, cash release opportunity, capital budgeting with skill sets on measuring and valuating not just assets but also litigation or life).
As a Data Analytics intern within VME, you will support project teams for the successful delivery of services to our clients over the full project cycle which includes documenting requirements, design, configuration, testing, and project management.
- Perform (advanced) data analytics to help solve business challenges and achieve data automation, reconciliation, traceability, lineage and transparency.
- Brainstorming analytics-driven solutions and process enhancements.
- Data gathering, web scraping, data transformation and data consolidation.
- Support business development efforts through Proof of Concepts and various presentation materials.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to Accounting, Business, Finance, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, with demonstrated interest in data analytics.
- Demonstrated passion in or basic knowledge of visualization techniques and tools (e.g. Power BI, Spotfire) and data sourcing/capture, data preparation and data transformation techniques. This passion could be demonstrated via university projects, internships, conferences, self-study, etc.
- Basic understanding of analytical techniques and tools for predictive and descriptive analytics. E.g. R, Python, VBA, Alteryx. Python preferred. Any practical experience during and outside of school would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with machine learning and optimization techniques, cloud technologies and DevOps tools are considered a plus.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Only shortlisted candidates may be contacted via email and you may expect an interview round with the hiring team.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Full detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelEntry Level
INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
Related Jobs (376)
Associate Software Engineers Jobs at Celcey in Colombo , Sri Lanka on January 19, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineers Python Jobs at Celcey in Colombo , Sri Lanka on January 19, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineers Shopify Jobs at Celcey in Colombo , Sri Lanka on January 19, 2022 Full-Time