Senior Application Software Developer
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a role that sits at a very critical point within the Nielsen Total Audience Measurement and Cross Media solutions, where we construct the solutions driving our deep wider media landscape data collection, reporting and analysis. This team operates globally supporting Nielsen entities across the world, and consists of highly skilled and experienced team of subject matter experts, some of whom have been doing their job for a long time, meaning substantial maturity/experiences. Taking a hands-on approach to coordinating, supporting and working directly with multiple teams in multiple regions starting from the project’s planning and execution until post-launch support and covering development, testing and user acceptance.
The iMedia application development team of Nielsen which has teams operating in Lugano, Poland, Malaysia, India and Australia is where we develop the applications driving the solutions we apply across 30+ countries for our Total Audience Measurement solutions, – meaning where we measure and report on the TV/radio and media streaming viewing/listening preferences of entire populations. In these hugely diverse operations we execute on the specific needs the country teams have, whether being small fixes, requiring 3-10 days work through to larger legacy application updates or developing whole new applications able to meet demands stretching over many months.
The software developers we have in these teams are not just people who can write code, but developers able to solve challenging problems, find solutions to complex issues (many of which are pioneering, all new and never done before). We need for this role not just be developers who are good at what they do, but those who relish the opportunity to work on hugely diverse applications, in cooperation with colleagues across the globe.
You will find that no two days are the same, every day bringing with it new and different challenges. Our tech stack is under constant development, which is why this role also requires a certain level of ability to adapt, learn new skills and to grow as our product and solution offerings evolve.
- Consulting with stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.
- Collaborating with the team on application design and development.
- Developing software and overseeing the deployment of applications across platforms.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures.
- Creating end-user application feedback channels.
- Optimizing software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades.
- Documenting processes and maintaining software development records.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Experience working with, or understanding of:
- C++ standard & deep maintenance (memory/ performance)
- C++ 11
- .NET + C#
- Web Development
- Win 32
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design for performance, scalability and high availability.Test-Driven Development and testing frameworks
- Things that are considered a plus:
- Scrum Agile development experience (RAD, XP, LEAN, FDD, KANBAN) and TDD.
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud and DevOps tools (Ansible, Terraform are considered an asset).
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or a related field.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Nielsen Media would not function without our Technology teams! We are catalysts for delivery quality, on-time, reliable measurements to clients, and we are cultivators, growing our employees through education, skill building and experiences. Around the globe, our Technology teams are relentless in our pursuit of superior analytics, technology, process and support
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelSenior Executive
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (44)
- Senior Frontend Developer Jobs at Kognitiv Corporation in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- DevOps Application Engineer Jobs at Synopsys Inc in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Data Engineer Jobs at Insighture in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer Internship at Almas Equities in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Internship
- Senior Game Developer Jobs at Matific in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer II Jobs at Zebra Technologies in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer – Java Jobs at Digiratina in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer (iOS) Jobs at Aeturnum in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior DevOps Engineers Jobs at Sysco LABS in Western Province, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior PHP Developer Jobs at Techlabs Global Private Ltd in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time