Senior Brand Manager
Job Type: Fulltime and open towards flexible solutions
Travel required 10% or limited travel. Now limited due to CV19 restrictions.
Who we are…and what we do
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
As a senior brand manager, you would be the voice of ekaterra in the relevant brand and category teams on dealing with ekaterra issues on brands / category. You would be directly reporting to the Head of Sales & Marketing.
Your Key Tasks
• Translate the Brand Strategy into an actionable Brand Marketing Plan and deployment of same.
• Provide input to developing the brand in line with global strategy.
• Identify, prioritize, and agree the Brand Jobs to be done with relevant stakeholders and monitor progress vs plan continuously.
• Lead the team in defining the Financial Plan (FP) and Internal Operating Plan (IOP) respectively.
• Review and agree Brand objectives including TO, Volume, Margin, Support, TM, and TC as input to the Financial Plan & Internal Operating Plan.
• Continuously monitor progress vs plan of the agreed FP/ IOP Brand TO, volumes, RGM, Trading Contribution and market shares.
• Lead the process and networks of landing innovations and renovations on time in full in the marketplace in line with the Brands Strategy & Plan.
• Provide input to the CSR initiative of the brand if any.
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders including channel & category development team in planning and implementing trade / consumer activities.
• Liaising with external teams – creative agency, media agency, activation agency and PR agencies on brand activities.
• Regularly review market pricing and propose changes to ensure that the brand remains competitive in the marketplace as well as maintains required.
• Ensuring accurate Demand Plans and Activity Plans are in place and updated accordingly.
• Guide the BM & ABM in ensuring that the support budget is utilized in an optimal manner across the sub-categories of the brand.
• Develop skills and competencies of the Marketing Executives and/ or Marketing Interns through on the job training /coaching.
• Agree Category JTBD with all internal stakeholders and monitor progress vs. Plan.
• Drive and deliver excellent cutting-edge implementation in BTL activation.
• Drive demand through flawless consumer engaging 360-degree activation (consumer/shopper).
• Change management – Work with SC and other colleagues in region to improve margins and the mix to build value proposition in consumers’ mind.
• Lead the process of defining, agreeing, and implementing the different Category strategies.
• Integration of brand marketing plans with trade to craft annual integrated business plans.
• Planning and managing annual brand marketing budgets whilst ensuring brand and category P‘n’L targets being met.
• Ensure and deliver brands’ market share, penetration, volume, and value objectives.
• Planning and executing annual brand communication and media plans liaising with media and creative agencies.
• Craft and develop category strategy basis the market conditions, brand performance and opportunities.
• Key KPIs include market share, penetration, value /volume growth, gross margin, profits, and innovations/ renovations.
Skills and Experience
• Should possess a university / professional marketing degree from a recognized institute.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in FMCG industry
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Brand Building with Foods & Brand Development experience preferred
• Creativity and strong understanding of consumer and media landscape (ATL & BTL) and digital knowledge
• Change management skills
• Fluent in English language.
• Driven by Innovation and strong change affinity
• Embrace a high growth mindset with strong love for consumers, shoppers, and customers
• Have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with diverse, multi-functional stakeholders
• Good business understanding, strategic thinking, and analytical skills with proven track record of strategical decks or analysis with a successful action plan
• End to end management, ability to understand the big picture but also comfortable with details and managing the operations
Who we are looking for
ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What we can offer you
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders, and we believe in making space to grow an owner’s mentality. Like nature, we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and work levels. We have a ‘corporate start-up’ approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing, and a better you.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system, and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link.
Thank you for your interest and application. Should you require additional information, please contact us through ekaterraSriLanka.firstname.lastname@example.org
ekaterra is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. We are interested in every individual bringing their whole self to work and this includes you! Therefore, if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelSenior Manager
INDUSTRYAdvertising and marketing
Related Jobs (163)
Sales Coordinator, Vacancies At Trade Promoters Limited, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Sales Assistant, Vacancies At Plants & Plants Group, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Assistant Project Coordinator, Vacancies At SAS Creative, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Assistant Manager MIS, Vacancies At Janashakthi Life, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 30, 2022 Full-Time
Sales Intern, Vacancies At AXYYA DIGITAL, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 29, 2022 Internship
Digital Marketing Intern, Vacancies At Aakarsha Global, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 29, 2022 Internship
Marketing Intern, Vacancies At iTek Solutions, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 29, 2022 Internship
Digital Marketing Intern, Vacancies At Blacbox, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on November 29, 2022 Internship