Senior Business Systems Analyst – Finance
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work every day within our single platform and embedded digital innovation to help our customers be their best when it really matters to their customers – at the Moment of Service™. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
The Applications Center of Excellence under Corporate Services is on the lookout for a dynamic and open-minded individual to join us as a Business Systems Analysts in Finance domain. You will be part of a global team keeping the lights on for IFS Applications along with its integrations for IFS. Together with the IFS Global business process owners and specialists, we develop multidisciplinary and customer-driven global solutions driving towards a scalable and agile solution for the future.
The role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, reporting skills and coordination skills. As a finance business systems analyst in Corporate Services your main role will be to sit within the support space owning incidents, problems and changes. Alongside support responsibilities, you will also be challenged to take on different business demands and project assignments.
Subject Matter Expert
- Take ownership of the respective business area assigned, have thorough knowledge of IFS business processes and available IFS Application functionalities.
- Be up to date with news released by R&D.
- Build internal and external networks and be a main reference point in the business area.
- Analyze the business processes for inefficiencies and inadequacies. Make recommendations and approvals for solutions or improvements that can be achieved and attained through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
- Act as a counterpart and sparring partner to business process owners and specialists, aiding them in their decision making and building their trust and confidence.
- Own demands, securing business requirements and provide solutions to the business that provide maximum value and at the same time aligned with IFS goals and strategy.
- Carry out support for IFS Applications updates and releases (i.e conducting an analysis of the release notes and ensuring that developments and testing scenarios are updated accordingly)
- Engage in project activities, acting as a representative of Corporate Services and facilitate service transition from project to operations.
- Act as second/third line support and carry out incident, change and problem management.
- Be able to explain the COS Support Process to any IFS customer.
- Act as liaison between business stakeholders, vendors, management, end users, and the development team.
- Alongside translating business requirements into software requirements via functional specification writing, developing specifications diagrams and flowcharts for programmers to follow, documenting and evaluating required data and information.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a professional qualification in CIMA, ACCA, or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience in business analysis and technical architecture roles in complex business environments.
- Strong knowledge of IFS Applications Knowledge on the IFS Application and specifically the finance related modules is key. Experience in this area will be necessary to successfully carry out the role, as you will be supporting the global finance team with finance related processes and tasks within the application
- Knowledge in Projects and/or Maintenance Contract Management will also be an advantage.
- Experience with ITSM, Agile Project Management and/or ITIL. Certifications are also an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including stakeholder management, training, presentation, and public speaking.
- Demonstrated, quality focused, track record of successful projects.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organizational priorities and ambiguous environments.
- Ability to research and quickly assimilate relevant new technologies, concepts, architectures, and features is essential.
- Strong knowledge of reporting and analytics too
- Ability work in distributed Global team set up. With the flexibility of going on call.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (450)
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Techscrolll in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Simsyn Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time