Senior Data Scientist – Octave: Data and Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence
Our business built over 150 years touches nearly every major sector of the economy. We generate a significant quantum of data and we intend to use it to build the future of our businesses. Our Digital andAnalytics insights canpositively disrupt life for all Sri Lankans and our commitment to passion and excellence will help to deliver superior value to customers, our people and the community.
Octave will be the cornerstone of our data driven strategic and operational decisions!
Team Octave will solve JKH’s most intractable problems across industry verticals by building pipelines using Python and Azure data factory to work on one of the country’s richest data lakes, building and implementing complex machine learning algorithms which will impact millions of Sri Lankans.
We are looking for driven and enthusiastic analytics practitioners for our Data and Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence- Octave.
The Senior Data Scientists will leverage expertise in advanced statistical and modelling techniques to design, prototype, and build the next-generation analytics engines and services. They will work closely with the analytics teams and business teams to derive actionable insights, helping the organization in achieving its’ strategic goals. Their work will involve high levels of interaction with the integrated analytics team, including data engineers, translators and more senior data scientists.
- Has expertise in implementing complex statistical analyses for data processing, exploration, model building and implementation
- Lead teams of 2-3 associate data scientists in the use case building and delivery process
- Is able to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non technical audience
- Plays a key role in driving ideation around the modeling process and developing models. Is able to conceptualize and drive re-iteration and fine tuning of models
- Contribute to knowledge building and sharing by researching best practices, documenting solutions and continuously iterating on new ways to solve problems. Mentors junior team members to do the same
Education + Technical skills / experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Operations Research, Economics or a related field
- Advanced level programming skills in at least 1 coding language (R/Python/Scala)
- Practical experience of developing advanced statistical and machine learning models
- At least 2 years of relevant analytics experience
- Experience in using large database systems preferred
- Has developed niche expertise in at least one functional domain
- Ability to work well in agile environments in diverse teams with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of leading small teams
- Able to problem solve complex problems and break them down into simpler parts
- Ability to effectively communicate complex analytical and technical content
Mindset & Behavior
- High energy and passionate individual who can work closely with other team members
- Strong entrepreneurial drive to test new out of the box techniques
- Able to prioritize workstreams and adopt an agile approach
- Willing to adopt an iterative approach; experimental mindset to drive innovation
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelSenior Executive
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (437)
Lead – Data Analyst Jobs At Daraz in Colombo Sri Lanka on July 4, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Designer Jobs At Daraz in Colombo Sri Lanka on July 4, 2022 Full-Time
Full Stack Engineer Jobs At DDI Labs in Colombo Sri Lanka on July 4, 2022 Full-Time